PC Gamer SCREENSHOTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great! Thanks!

I noticed some cool things in the military screen. I like the intelligence section where it gives you info on a foreign army. it gives you the composition of the enemy army, the diplomatic relationship between you and that civ, and the economic setting of the civ (the French have set their economy to war, in this screenshot). You can also view the civ's units by city or by unit type.
    It gives you a nice summary of your units, your support cost, max units allowed, and a list of your available leaders. I also noticed that it shows you the units you have as well as the units in production with the number of turns to completion. Same for other civ too, you see the units in production and the turns to completion. This is the kind of really useful info I like.

I like how we see pictures of the units instead of just the names. Seeing the units really makes it clearer what we have.

I am really liking how the civ3 screens display information. Both the domestic and military screens present information in a very clear and intuitive way.

------------------
    No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.

[This message has been edited by The diplomat (edited May 01, 2001).]
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Isn't the unit screen the same as the one from CGW?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

perhaps. there were two more screenshots that were also in the gameplay preview
        [This message has been edited by MarkG (edited May 01, 2001).]

Comment

I noticed two more things in the screen.
          the military intelligence section says:
          The French army(Monarchy) WAR
          You have:
          -an embassy
          -a military alliance
          -a mutual protection pact

I think the military advisor is saying:
          "Puny France is no match for our mighty military machine. I suggest we send in the paper airplanes."

------------------
          No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Now then they showed us both the Domestic-advisor and the Military-advisor screen they might as well show us the other advisor-screens as well. By the way; its soon time for that "ask-the-team" monthly update, I think.

I like having all the empire/city-information available from one and the same all-in-one screen. Everything is tabbed just 1 click away. I wonder if the city-names are left-click sensitive, making the map recenter automatically to that city. And vice verca: clicking on any city on the map...

One thing im really curious about - what happend to the clickable civ-2/SMAC style city-area view there one could overview exactly what each tile actually produced, and also rearrange what city-area tiles to harwest? How is this portrayed in Civ-3?

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited May 01, 2001).]

Comment

The screenshots are too fuzzy to make out, so I'm hoping someone with access to a clear pic can enlighten me. The military advisor screen has a smaller box titled leaders, then four figures. The names are too blurry to make out. Can someone tell me who the leaders are?

Comment

even on my 2300x3000 original the names are blurry. only someone with the magazine can possibly tell you

Comment

Did anyone say something about the map yet? Is it all grassland the Army stands on? Or is it plains in the upper half and desert in the upper left corner? If this is going to be the map of the actual game, I'll see me right-clicking a lot on tiles to find out what it is and I certainly don't want that.

Comment

I forgot something. Putting Sid Meyer in Victorian costumes may seem a funny idea, but the people at Firaxis should concentrate more on the gameplay and graphics to have the game released this year. I can live without Sid dressed up. If it's going to be in, anyway, it should be one of the things Firaxis should be concentrating later on.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by schubert37 on 05-02-2001 04:25 AM
                      Putting Sid Meyer in Victorian costumes may seem a funny idea, but the people at Firaxis should concentrate more on the gameplay and graphics to have the game released this year.
                      artists dont write code

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by The diplomat on 05-01-2001 02:02 PM
                        I think the military advisor is saying:
                        "Puny France is no match for our mighty military machine. I suggest we send in the paper airplanes."

Well, while I agree with you on the first part, it seems to me the suggestion is about "diplomats", not airplanes...

But it's truly hard to tell for sure from this screenshot

That said, the Military Advisor Screen seems very good to me; hopefully this part is a good hint of the final product "info screens" .

------------------
                        Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
                        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith on 05-02-2001 06:26 AM
                          Well, while I agree with you on the first part, it seems to me the suggestion is about "diplomats", not airplanes...

Nope, when you zoom in, it definitely says airplanes. Besides, 'I suggest we send in the paper diplomats' doesn't make much sense, now does it?
                          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Neither does Paper airplanes, for that matter!!
                            If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Hmmm... The leader names...

*strain*

Looks like "Chablis", "Hadrian", "Austin" and "Harpo" to me.
                              Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                              Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
                              X