Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should there be a C-5 Galaxy type unit in Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by tniem on 05-07-2001 08:03 PM
    By the end of the game, you are looking at 1 year per turn. What country in the last 100 years couldn't move its entire army from one end of the country to the other and be ready for battle. WWI, WWII, and today's modern armies all have to be ready for battle within weeks. Railroads allow this to happen. I would be very angry if I couldn't in Civ III take my entire army from NY to LA in a year. It may seem fast but when a turn is characterized in a year and a map to the globe it is actually to slow.

The time/turn really shouldn't be looked at literally. It is better to think of it as an approximate indication of the age you're in. I wished that a better way to mark time was used but it is extremely minor point because the true unit is really turns.

Forgetting about time-unit issues and realizing that the true time units is the turn it really doesn't make sense that you can move land units at far distances in one turn but can move much much less distance using air/naval units in that same turn.

Comment

quote:

Now they get what they deserve, with CIV predefined and fixed special units

Yes they asked for it!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Youngsun on 05-07-2001 11:10 PM
        Yes they asked for it!

Are you playing with my words, YoungHUN?

------------------
        Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Lonestar on 05-07-2001 08:16 PM
          If they did, I am sure they would have the C-130, not the C-5. It's much more common.

I don't really care what type of air transport unit they might use!! C-5 was just the first one that popped into my head as an example to get the concept across

If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Working...
          X