Re: Why was fundamentalism taking out ?

Originally posted by Phatphal
    Where is the government for the war crazed people out there
    hi ,

try communism , .....

good Q but no real answer , .....

who knows , maybe in an XP , ......

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

It was too powerful

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The game was released closely after 9/11. Perhaps they didn't want to intimidate some sentimental American patriots. The spy missions "plant nuke" and "poison water supply" from CIV2 are also missing. At least the poison would be useful to reduce enemy population before attacking a city, to reduce defence bonus and prevent culture flips.

But instead of fundamentalism and terrorism, you can commit genicide by artillery and starvation.
        So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
        Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

I'll go with Art of War: it was too d*mn powerful.

I usually made some serious research until I got submarines, then turned into a Fundamentalism and just destroyed every last bit of not-agreeing-with-me culture.

Comment

They didn't think it was fun because it was too easy.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Its not like they HAD to keep the same properties for the government. They could have reduced the number of units you had free, and changed some characteristics. I just switched from civ 2 to civ 3 and it just seems there isn't enough governments :/

Comment

Editor - add governments - its about the easiest mod to do. Even I managed it. The AI abused my fundy gov, and swiched as soon as it was possible (I thought with monotheism) and then went into a tech stagnation, but with about 100,000 Knights. Hard to balance. All of the AI civs were using the new government.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

fundamentalism is the natural state for the AI. I mindlessly builds units and sends them to their destruction.
                  Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalGrace
                    fundamentalism is the natural state for the AI. I mindlessly builds units and sends them to their destruction.
                    You are talking about the AI, right ? Great typo, made me laugh

-Jam

Comment

I've never understood what the real world equivalent for the Fundamentalist government in Civ 2 was. Since it came late in the game - after Conscription - it must have been meant to simulate the fundamentalist regimes of the 20th century.

However, there haven't been very many of them - I can only think of the ayatollah-ruled Iran and the taliban-governed Afghanistan. Neither of them has been famous for large, invincible armies.
                      The difference between industrial society and information society:
                      In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
                      In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

I always moved it earlier, so then it is good for the Islamic Jihad in the 7th Century, the Crusaders, etc...

-Jam

Comment

True. Fundamentalism - or more generally religious government - was more of an issue in ancient times.

Fundamentalism shouldn't have such extreme military maintenance bonuses, either.

Comment

Hmm, but in civ3, what is less than 1 gold per unit? You have to give fundy free units to giv it better support, and free units means the AI never stops stockpiling '@#+*' ** riflemen

-Jam

Comment

But why should fundamentalism have better military support at all? Their soldiers have to eat, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X