Puny Minimap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puny Minimap

I think the minimap should be either four times bigger (aka 2*height*2*width) or resizable.

------------------
    Leons Petrazickis (St. Leo)
    http://aventine.cf-developer.net/minizigg/
    petrazi@sprint.ca
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

It must be resizable and moveable.

I also like the ability of having more than one main map. (One for my units and on for enemy units (as you may have in CivNet). I hate when my main map relocates all the time when the AI moves)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Yes, I also mentioned this in an earlier post in the PC Gameplay thread. It looks so small you could hardly see where the cities are meant to be. A resizeable one would be perfect: and it would be great if the mini-map could toggle to a 'political' view of the world, i.e. with the different civs' shaded in different colours... but that's an extra. The main thing is, it should at least be noticeably bigger than what we've seen in these screen shots!
      Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
      Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

I know that you guys don't like CTP2, but they did have a good idea regarding the mini-map. While I too would like a resizable mini-map, and preferable multiple maps, how about adding the filters option that CTP2 used?

------------------
        The Electronic Hobbit
        The Electronic Hobbit

Comment

The mini-map should be resizable.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

For the mini-map to be resizable I believe that the interface of the game would have to have multiple window windows. One for the full map, one for details, one for the minimap, etc. While, I don't care if Civ III is full screen or within Windows, I find it hard to believe that the game will have multiple windows. In todays standards games can only be made with one window to survive.
            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Rules are made to be broken, standards are made to be violated. Besides, a resizable minimap does not really require much more of a windowing system than the one in Railroad Tycoon II.

------------------
              Leons Petrazickis (St. Leo)
              http://aventine.cf-developer.net/minizigg/
              petrazi@sprint.ca
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Because of the basic size of a single square, large maps are needed. With
                large maps, where the distances between continents are large compared to
                modern naval and air movements, naval fleets will become more valuable.
                You will actually use air-craft carriers or a large invasion fleet.
                With alliances, you should be able to build airports and land bases on
                friendly territory. This is actually closer to realism.

Civ 2 maps are not large enough. In CTP2 the 150X300 map size would be
                the min size for what I'm calling 'large' maps.

Cavin forever,

Dennis

Comment

um thats not what theyre talking about, the biggest map size hasnt been released yet but they said it would be bigger
                  its the minimap here..

Comment

Uh. you could resize the minimap in civ 2. You don' think they'll include this in Civ 3? Hmmm. I can't rememebr if it was in SMAC. I didn't play that game much anyway.
                    By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Kc7mxo on 05-06-2001 03:26 PM
                      Uh. you could resize the minimap in civ 2. You don' think they'll include this in Civ 3?

It depends on what engine they will use in the final release.

Comment

Just sticking up another Unofficial POLL

Do you want the MiniMap to be resizable?
                        Yes
                        No, just make it bigger
                        No, keep the current size
                        Don't care

[This message has been edited by vgriph (edited May 06, 2001).]

Comment

I experienced a major error with the POLL, so I had to reset the logs. So if you voted in the first hour, vote again.

Comment

Working...
                          X