No announcement yet.

Predefined Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new POLL generator is ready. Now I'm down to one minute generation + one minute to post it (I’ve not timed more then generation jet)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Congratulations. Those are the kinds of times I would expect from any experienced programmer.

Now what does this have to do with civ 3? (almost) ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. But it is nice to have anyway. If you have a heated topic with a few definete sides to the argument, just whip up a poll to see what the people think about that. (though you probably shouldn't do it that often as it would steal the ideas for official polls ).
      [This message has been edited by airdrik (edited April 20, 2001).]
      I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

Why is it only 17 votes?
        Nobody cares?
            -  Just vote Don't care

Comment

You should also be able to select if the game shall ask for one thing the next time so that you may use a main pattern and vary things.

Comment

Do you think I shall change this to one of the new Polls?

Comment

To be honest I think that the current huge rash of polls is not helpful, particularly when the answers are often predictable as this one. Even if someone doesn't intend to make use of this feature, why would they vote against something that will not hurt them? I don't see Firaxis taking any more interest in this idea just because it is a poll. At the risk of being flamed, I say it is a useful idea, it has been suggested, lets just nod and move on....
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

SMAC - "Quick start"?

In SMAC there was a "quick start" option.

I have understood that that it would start the game with same settings as previous one.
                (I'm not sure of this, but think so.)

I didn't use it, since I liked to play with different names each game. (To separate the save-files)

Am I wrong?

Comment

Especially for when you have to re-load because your civ started with one Settler on a big desert.
                  wimp.

you never get one settler on diety.

tighten up.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                    To be honest I think that the current huge rash of polls is not helpful, particularly when the answers are often predictable as this one. Even if someone doesn't intend to make use of this feature, why would they vote against something that will not hurt them? I don't see Firaxis taking any more interest in this idea just because it is a poll. At the risk of being flamed, I say it is a useful idea, it has been suggested, lets just nod and move on....
                    No new thread then.
                    I guess you are right. The reason that I created a POLL from the beginning was that I got no one to write anything in this thread (as it was a perfect idea from the beginning ).

A POLL in a Forum without POLLs is something extra. A POLL in a Forum with POLLs is just annoying.

Comment

Working...
                    X