No announcement yet.

What we DON'T want in Civ 3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very minor, but yet annoying thing, is if the advisors present in the top right of the screen look exactly the same in the modern as well in the ancient era.

It looks kinda stupid, and sort of wrecks the feeling of controlling an ancient civilization many thousands of years before the birth of Christ, with a guy wearing glasses long before glass was invented.

Comment

Big one:

Anything that sacrafices gameplay for realism.
      That is what I cannot stand, and what I fight against.

------------------
      - Cyclotron7, "that supplementary resource fanatic"
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I don't want a badly neglected diplomacy system..
        the player should be able to do all the things the AI could in diplomacy,
        like:

player demands 2000gold or will declare nuclear war

in civ2 you couldn't specify an amount,

I find interacting with the AI good, I hope they allow stacked player/ally units like in SMAC,
        though It might be a bit silly if your defending all an AI's cities.

Comment

realism.. yeah i agree, I would like a realistic looking landscape like i said (without too much flatness),
          and realistic wonders - how can the pyramids allow a city the other side of the world to have a granary.
          It is a game though so the main thing is gameplay.

AdmiralPJT

Comment

I've read that in Civ3 the combat will be like CtP, where you can create armies of units. Doesn't this promote a more war like game, and less on the side of diplomacy and peace?

Comment

future techs suck.
              civ spcific traits suck.

Comment

What I dont want in Civ-3 is:

- A sloppy AI that builds too few city-improvements/ too many units
                - A sloppy AI that cannot exploit its AI city-areas properly
                - A sloppy AI that cannot exploit its available AI land-areas properly

- Non-transparent game-mechanics - lost connection between input/output
                - Jumbled multi small-screen interface ala CTP-series
                - Text tweak-files that dont allow me to spoonfeed what the AI-civs should build & prioritize.
                - A civ-game without re-arrangeable city-area tile-output feedback.

Theres more to add, but above is the more important stuff.

Comment

A message that reads: "Only fighters can attack air units." Where is the anti-aircraft machinery?! How about some satellite defense systems?
                  Ex Fide Vive
                  Try my new mod and tell me what you think. I will be revising it per suggestions. Nine Governments Mod

Comment

Maybe I should arange these into some sort of definitive list, maybe the makers can get a few ideas? Should I?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mr Chafe on 05-01-2001 02:23 PM
                      I've read that in Civ3 the combat will be like CtP, where you can create armies of units. Doesn't this promote a more war like game, and less on the side of diplomacy and peace?

Enhancing war does not make it necissarily a war game. As long as diplomacy and trade are enhanced too, we can keep a balance. Just because Civ2 was war based doesn't mean we shouldn't improve on the war system.

------------------
                      - Cyclotron7, "that supplementary resource fanatic"
                      Lime roots and treachery!
                      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I agree completely, Cyclotron 7.
                        Rome rules

Comment

quote:

A message that reads: "Only fighters can attack air units." Where is the anti-aircraft machinery?! How about some satellite defense systems?

definately

quote:

um....no

------------------
                          "We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything."
                          -Thomas A. Edison
                          [This message has been edited by Sabre2th (edited May 01, 2001).]

Comment

-cheating AI (completes wonders miraculusly fast, getting techs that they shouldn't have yet, having units the same turn they get the tech, etc. etc. etc.)

-Space race to alpha centauri & future techs (a space race to the moon is better, but not if you win the game by going there!)

-Too big historical inaccuracies!!!

-LIMITS!

-Units that move too slow (A huge problem in the different worlds in civ2ToT)

-Too few options! (the more options the better!)

-Too few programmed city-names! (After you've built a lot of cities, they're suddenly named: Cunaxa, Issus etc. Doesn't fit the americans very well! -I know you can make your own names, but that's not easy with the egyptians and babylonians etc.)

-Bugs!

-Really bad graphics! (Gameplay is more important, but why not get it all?)

-The AI civs all ally with each other, when you have been a nice-guy!

-The AI builds cities close to yours!

-I could go on forever...
                            We shall go on till the end,
                            We shall fight in France,
                            We shall fight on the seas and oceans,
                            We shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air,
                            We shall defend our island,
                            Whatever the cost may be,
                            We shall fight on the beaches,
                            We shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
                            We shall fight in the hills,
                            We shall NEVER surrender.

(Winston Churchill)

Comment

An AI that cheets. I hate that. Make a good AI Not a cheeting one.
                              Well maby a little cheeting is ok but not to much.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by cyclotron7 on 04-27-2001 06:22 PM
                                Big one:

Anything that sacrafices gameplay for realism.
                                That is what I cannot stand, and what I fight against.

I'll say it again: for some of us, realism is part of the fun.

LOTM

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X