What we DON'T want in Civ 3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What we DON'T want in Civ 3...

A definitive list of things we defintely DO NOT want in Civilization 3.

Static unit model

Static government model

Static terrain model

The optimal basis for all of the models that should replace the static ones is SMAC. CIV2: bad models... CTP: new game, old models, bad.

Comment

What do you mean by a "static model?" Do you mean unit workshops for units, etc.?

------------------
      - Cyclotron7, "that supplementary resource fanatic"
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Nuclear power plants that are guaranteed to explode a few turns after you build them.

The AI Entity.

Technologies with "age" or "revolution" in them, like "Age of Reason" or "Agricultural Revolution."

A Unit Workshop (which has already been ruled out anyway).

Random events that can cripple cities or drain the entire gold reserve.

Enemy AI that continually violates your borders and camps out on valuable resource tiles for no good reason, even when the civ is friendly.

Cheap-looking CGI wonder movies.
        "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

-Desert tiles next to tundra tiles

-small invisible units

-bad in-game music

-bad AI

------------------
          Its okay to smile; you're in America now
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

AI Miracles - eg. AI elephant bribes my pikeman, AI chunks out 30 SS structurals in a single turn from nowhere, infinite AI missile range, etc.

Unlimited railroad movement - Its faster taking a train from Boston to San Francisco than a fighter.

It takes forever to reach monarchy(CtP syndrome) - No, I just love monarchy, don't care much about historical accuracy.

Compulsory 3D graphics - Can I disable it(somehow like ToT) to speed up the game?

Fundamentalism - Never again.

Require CD to play the game - I like to listen to my favourite CD while playing.

Comment

(1) Lack of a build queue
              (2) Stealth Fighter losing to a pikeman
              (3) The instant rejection of all diplomatic proposals if you get too powerful. (Yes, yes - I know the AI hasn't got a chance unless it fully gangs up on you. Still . . .)
              (4) Incompetent AI
              (5) So many tile improvements that you can't even hope to build all of them or even care to.
              (6) AI allies that decide an alliance means they can build in your territory.
              (7) The inability to ask anybody to leave your territory
              (8) And AI that actually assesses the risks before answering a "get out" ultimatum - namely one that doesn't either always back down (CtP2) or one that always responds 'Taste my steel' even though the musketeers guarding its single city will shortly be facing 10 tanks (Civ2).

In short, make the AI seem a little more rational. Oh yeah . . .

(9) An interface that's a clickfest.

Comment

1) Over-done graphics with a lot of animation.
                2) Future techs!!!!!
                3) Unit Workshop
                4) AI taking control of your diplomacy during hotseat games
                Rome rules

Comment

static means no flexibility

Comment

5) An artificially low limit on number of civilizations per game (eg. 7)
                    Rome rules

Comment

Endless movement on railroads or any other surface for that matter. I don't care about time frame in relation to movement or any other crap.

Movement from one side of the map to the other by ground units SHOULD NEVER EVER EVER EVER HAPPEN !!!
                      *PLOP*

Comment

Only 7 Civs per game.

Icky icky.

Comment

yeah, 7 is way too much! bollocks to traditions! hurrah to innovation!

Comment

255 city limits gotta go!
                            I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                            Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

Civ-specific bonuses, like the Romans get better legions and stuff
                              like that. As mentioned in earlier posts, this might be cool in
                              scenarios, but is absolutely NOT in the main game.
                              Firaxis, if you have to include this, PLEASE make it optional!

Comment

Working...
                              X