This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey MarkG

Want to make a poll about windowed vs non windowed mode in civ3? I think everyone will be suprised by the results, can you ask the following questions in the poll?

1. I Would like windowed mode/I play single player
    2. I Don't want windowed mode/I play single player
    3. I Would like windowed mode/I play multiplayer
    4. I Don't want windowed mode/I play multiplayer

Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
    and kill them!

sounds good. any comments on the above options?

Comment

Markus' options should be more than enough to make a pretty clear statement.

Comment

Would it be possible to vote for two different options (ie: "Windowed, I play single player", plus "windowed, I play multiplayer")?
        "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by markusf on 04-30-2001 05:48 PM
          Want to make a poll about windowed vs non windowed mode in civ3?

By 'windowed' you mean in a windows interfface? you can minimize it and such? no, i would rather have a full screen with an option to minimize

Comment

actually, does signle player/multi player makes any big difference here?

Comment

Yes diffrent from singel and multiplayer. I wan't window mode in multiplayer and fullscreen in singel....

------------------
              aCa (a Civilization addict)
              aCa (a Civilization addict)

Comment

I think it does. Multiplayers are the only ones who use windowed mode anyway.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ceci n'est pas Snapcase on 05-01-2001 09:58 AM
                  I think it does. Multiplayers are the only ones who use windowed mode anyway.

This is not true - I love windowed mode.
                  Rome rules

Comment

I too like the windowed mode for both single and multi-play
                    "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                    "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I would like to see a windowed mode at least in multyplayer mode because then you can do something else while your're waiting for your turn.

Comment

I agree, windowed mode would be nice. Long turns bore the hell out of me.

Comment

You got to understand that in north America pretty much everyone has Cable modems etc. Civ2 is great because i can check my email reply to icq etc etc. When a game is playing fulling screen i am cut off from everything else. Now i suppose a lot of single players aren't connected to the net so they wouldn't really care if it was windowed or full screen. But more of the world is being connected 24/7 to the net through a constant connection, it gets to be a pain in the ass to be cut off from everything. Especially when playing multiplayer and you have to sit and wait 15 min for your turn.. I would rather spend that time surfing.
                          Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                          and kill them!

Comment

Good point Markus ... one more vote for windowed mode
                            There is but one safe way to avoid mistakes: To do nothing or at least, to avoid doing something new.

Comment

I also like Windowed mode for when I play while I work.

Y'know, proofread reports for five minutes, take a few turns, repeat indefinitely.

Comment

Working...
                              X