fogofwar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fogofwar?

Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know why the ability to edit fogofwar was removed in PTW? I could understand it being disabled for multiplayer play to prevent its use as a cheat but it has had the nasty side-effect of making modern scenarios next to impossible to create. How can you make a WW2 scenario for instance if the civs cannot see the rest of the world? I have heard many people asking for a 'reveal map' function to be added to the editor in a patch, but im at a loss to see why when you could achieve this effect anyway with a vanilla version of civ 3 it was then taken away for PTW.

Kentonio
    Last edited by kentonio; February 5, 2003, 19:14.

It was taken away because the technique could be used to cheat easily (and undetectably) in MP.

A simple way to do this in PTW is to plant outposts all over the map for each team. Those that are in your territory will stay, those that are in enemy territory will disappear after the beginning of the first turn but they will have revealed the map.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Omg, you are a genius Warpstorm, you have just made my WW2 mod possible after I had thought the hundreds of hours of work were for nothing. I salute you Sir.

Kentonio

Comment

Damn, found the problem with this one. Even after the first move the outpost locations still sho9w as dots on the minimap despite not existing any more and half the areas where they were show up as lit rather than fogofwar.

Kentonio

Comment

Strange, it seemed to work for me.
          Seemingly Benign
          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

What tedium!
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by kentonio
                Huh?
                What tedium!

(Whoa, that looks a bit weird)
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Working...
                X