Attrition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attrition?

Some of us here have played Europa Universalis (EU) and I think most have by now heard of it so it's time for a question.

Could Civ3 have attrition for units?
    Would it make the game more fun or just a living hel?

How could it be implemented?

In EU I do like the attrition factor, it makes things a little more challenging. (Specially since attrition is calculated at end of month - and that's something needing fixing)
    And I have thought a little about could it work in Civ3 too.
    Well??

quote:

Originally posted by Jeje2 on 04-28-2001 06:10 AM
    Could Civ3 have attrition for units?

Well, in a limited way, Civ-2 had attrition: If you moved a military-unit with move-rate 2, lets say 4-5 road-squares, and then attacked, the probabillity of success was much lower. Im not that sure if I want anything more complicated then we already had in Civ-2, in terms off attrition.

The only recomended change would be: Even if they decides to keep the limitless moves along railroads, they could at least add an attack/defence attrition-rate for those railroading units.

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited April 28, 2001).]

Comment

I don't like the attrition idea at all, it is too hard to keep track of, especially in a game like Civ 3 without the different terriotories. I think the attacking at 2/3 or 1/3 strength was good enough, attrition would be a living hell.

Comment

Given the time scale, attrition isn't really a factor.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SK138 on 04-28-2001 11:14 PM
          I think the attacking at 2/3 or 1/3 strength was good enough, attrition would be a living hell.

OK, I agree - only 2/3 or 1/3. But they should be applied to limitless moves along railroads as well. For gameplay-reaons, regardless time-scale.

Comment

Working...
          X