No announcement yet.

There should be a reference to Apolyton in Civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the name of the Starship at the end is named the USS Apolyton ?

------------------
    "People should know when they're conquered."

"Would you Quintis? Would I?"

"Soylant Green is people. PPPeeeoooppllleee!"
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Or how about briefly in the intro cut-scene.... For example, if there was a flyby shot of a computer, the screen could show the Apolyton homepage for all of .5 seconds....
      *grumbles about work*

Comment

They should say something modest but significant like: "This game would not have been possible without Apolyton"

or closer to the truth

"We would have finished the game one year earlier if we didn't read Apolyton each day but it would suck"

MUAHAHA

Ahem.

Comment

I still believe that something subtle would be enough. Here's my vision of the Internet wonder movie.

It starts with MarkG surfing the Net. His T-Shirt says "Visit Apolyton.net, premier Civilization Site on Internet". Camer would then move to Computer, where we can first clearly see Apolyton logo, and then there's be view of address http://apolyton.net. After that, MarkG would start to read the thread titled "Apolyton.net, Premier Civilization Site on Internet. Come visit today!" After that, we'd see "subliminable" message flashing, saying "Hey newbies, come to Apolyton." Oh, did I mention what the words to background lyric would be? You'd be surprised
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Working...
          X