There should be a reference to Apolyton in Civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There should be a reference to Apolyton in Civ3

Something small, unintrusive, but easily recognizible by anyone that's ever been here/been a regular here. After all, we DID contribute greatly with The List, don't we deserve it?
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

I fully agee - plus a mention in the credits accessible from the game itself!
    Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
    Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

Yeah!

I liked the reference to SMAC forum posters in the backstory to the game (check Story #25!!).
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I totally agree. They could add the line(s):
        ...to all the players and to all the people at Apolyton (and other forums) with all their wonderfull suggestions and inputs.
        I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

i hope they do recognize Apolyton site, or at least it's creators, becuase not only do we act as a resource for ideas, but also as a means for advertising teh game when it is released, which whill ultimately help their profits.

aside:
          in CTP2 (& ctpI?) you could edit the credits...i was upset with the game quality of CTPII, so i deleted the programmers (or maybe it was just the QC people, i forget which) and put my dog's name in it
          hey, at least i felt better

Comment

in the credits is fine. but i mean IN the actual game. perhaps in the graphics for the "computer advance" have the guy on the computer looking at an Apolyton web page. or something like that, i dunno.
            -connorkimbro
            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Apolyton perhaps belongs in an "ideas" section of the "CREDITS" page.
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

yeah that too. but i mean IN GAME, while the game is playing!

similar to how in the simcity games there all these wierd inside joke type things. . for example, the references to llama's.
                -connorkimbro

-theonion.com

Comment

A pop up box that says "Rumours about the long lost Apolyton have began to circulate again" that appears at irregular intervals
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Absolutely.... Apolyton should be there.
                    Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
                    So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
                    rocking on everest

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by connorkimbro on 04-23-2001 02:58 PM
                      Something small, unintrusive, but easily recognizible by anyone that's ever been here/been a regular here.

I think its enough that they add a general thanks to all Civ-3 fans/forums out there - not just Apolyton. Why should Apolyton be singled out? So we have contributed with most ideas - so what?
                      Also, if they add something, they should do it in the automatic scrollpage credits-window. 2-3 textlines near the end of the scroll - thats more than enough for me.

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited April 25, 2001).]

Comment

YES!

Maybe a wonder, like "Apolton -50% productivity in ALL cities" requires The Internet.
                        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Yeah, I think so! this community deserves to be mentioned in the game!

Comment

Is it just me, or is this whole post one big ego trip?

------------------
                            - Cyclotron7, "that supplementary resource fanatic"
                            Lime roots and treachery!
                            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

You haven't been here for long yet now have you?

Comment

Working...
                              X