Slow City Growth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow City Growth?

Looking at the new screen shots I noticed that the size of the city was relatively small for how much irrigation there was (I'm assuming that the "swamp-like" terrain overlaying the plains and grasslands is irrigation). Given that much irrigation, those cities should be at least size five or six, and probably more like size eight, by Civ2 standards. Does this mean that city size will be reduced dramatically?

Now, now--I know that these are pre-(pre-pre-, you get the point) release graphics and concepts, but it seems to me that city growth would be one of the first features they would tackle in code...

remember that a settler cost 2 pop now. So those cities had to create settlers to create the other ones you see, so they lost some pop.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

If you ever play on any of the harder levels on civ 2 (esp. Diety) you would not think that to be the case. In a game I am playing right now (on diety level) I am in the process of building hoover dam, and my largest city is size 9.

Also their gov is despotism which almost means slow growth. That combined with the 2 pop settler means that they are just where they should be in terms of growth.
      I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

Working...
      X