Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unofficial POLL 2: Do you want a higher difficulty level in Civilization III?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial POLL 2: Do you want a higher difficulty level in Civilization III?

Do you want a harder difficulty level in Civilization III?
    Yes
    No
    Don't care

As this is a hot subject I've created this poll.

Edit: Removed some linebreakes in HTML-code (Were turned into <BR> )
    [This message has been edited by vgriph (edited April 11, 2001).]
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

*Bumped* to draw Firaxis' attention.

Y'all vote now, ya' hear!
    Hasdrubal's Home.
    Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

Currently only one vote against a harder level, but we need more votes to be sure.

Comment

I am more worried about the AI in the levels that we already have. If Firaxis can build an AI that is solid in these levels, I am willing to play a level that is not beatable. That would be more realistic and while frustrating also fun. But the key thing is to build an AI that does not cheat and is still usually hard to face.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

I also want an improved AI. It could be used to create harder difficulty levels. Without a better AI you can't make the game mush harder without allowing the AIs to invent Space Flight around 1000 AD.

Comment

Yes is still in majority with 17 out of 30 votes.

Comment

Personally I just want more intelligent opponents.
              Or better AI (if you want to name it that way), if that falls under higher difficulty level then yes.

Ata

Comment

I voted "no", only because I think the range in Civ2 was quite reasonable. Ultimately, the higher difficulty levels amount to AI cheats, anyway. I think it's most important to have a sophisticated AI at the mid-level difficulty settings that can give a player a challenge on a level playing field, where neither human nor AI has cheat advantages.

Comment

I would have to agree, somewhat, and besides adding higher difficulty levels only means more AIs to program. What would be easier would be to increase the difficulty levels on the existing levels so that Chieftain is for 1st time players, Warlord is for those who are comfortable, Prince is for average players, King is for more experienced players, Emperor is for advanced players, and Diety is for the few who have mastered the game who would come on and post "I just won my first Diety level game" and all the rest of us would look at them as a Diety because only Dieties can beat Diety.
                  I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by airdrik on 04-16-2001 07:02 PM
                    What would be easier would be to increase the difficulty levels on the existing levels...

I wholeheartedly agree. This is actually what I mean when I say 'higher difficulty levels'; I don´t mean we need more than 6, but from King upwards the existing levels should definitely be harder to beat!

Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

I'd like the game to be harder, but not simply by giving the AI more cheats. I don't want an Impossible difficulty level were the bots get to start off with the entire map and all techs up through gunpowder. That'd just be annoying. More penalites against the human player would probably be better than letting the AI cheat.

--
                      Jared Lessl

Comment

I wanna have a level setting, where AI opponents would over-run me from the first turn of the game!

Comment

well, Deity appeared very hard in the beginning... but with collecting experience, it became easier, now it's not even a challenge anymore... I demand a higher level!

Comment

Working...
                          X