When does my military alliance end?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does my military alliance end?

I know military and trade agreements last 20 turns. But how can I tell -- part way through the agreement -- how long it has to go? Does some screen somewhere that I haven't discovered say: Your mutual protection agreement with Spain ends in 6 turns?

Or do I have to keep track of it myself with pencil and paper? Horrors!

Thanks for any help you may have.
    Jack

Open the diplomacy screen with the other civ, propose a deal, and then click on "active" at the bottom of the central panel. This has all the info for current deals with this civ. You can use this to re-negotiate peace with the AI every 20 turns (If you are more powerful you can get money, maps, tech & cities for peace) but this is considered an EXPLOIT ! and may have been removed in a patch ? I don't remember as I stopped doing it in the summer...

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Switch to PTW, the details tab will tell you.

== pf

Comment

Thanks, War of Art. Found it, tells me everything I want to know. I figured it had to be there somewhere but darned if I could find it. Thanks again.

I am playing PTW. What "details tab"?
        Jack

Comment

I'm not sure either. Did you try re-negotiating peace yet? Make sure you are stronger though, or they may want something extra from you to "make the deal fair"

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by MyOlde
            I am playing PTW. What "details tab"?
            Go to the Foreign Advisor screen. Click on the "Details" tab over on the right hand side (I think the other tabs are "Treaties" and "Trade"). Then click on any AI leader; all of your current deals with that leader will display along with the turns until expiration.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Also... if no number is displayed next to a deal, then it has gone past 20 turns. The AI will not cancel deals that are advantageous for the AI Civ. You can renegotiate such deals by going to the Active deals on the diplomacy screen and clicking on which deal to renegotiate. Usually if the AI is letting a deal continue, you can go back and get more out of it.

Comment

when you nuke em
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Thanks, Stuie. Yeah, I found the details and tried re-negotiating with Spain and ended up practically doubling my per-turn payments! Wow. It never occurred to me that the AI wasn't giving full value.

Mind you, I then tried it with the Americans and was told they'd "be insulted" by my request. Had the devil of a time backing out of it and ended up re-loading from Autosave. Then ignored the Americans and re-did the Spain deals. All's well and I'm much richer now than before.

Thanks again.

Tricky game, this. For the life of me I don't know how someone starting Civ 3 (PTW or not) gets into it at all. Heaven help him if he doesn't know about Apolyton.
                  Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Stuie
                    Also... if no number is displayed next to a deal, then it has gone past 20 turns. The AI will not cancel deals that are advantageous for the AI Civ. You can renegotiate such deals by going to the Active deals on the diplomacy screen and clicking on which deal to renegotiate. Usually if the AI is letting a deal continue, you can go back and get more out of it.
                    So that's how you get out of that situation! In my game, I'm the mightiest nation. I've been at war off and on from about 1500-1900 with the second mightiest. I signed a MPP with a weak island nation. It keeps ending up like what Michael Corleone says in Godfather III, "Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!"

Comment

Glad to help.

Now if only we had more diplomatic options....

Comment

Working...
                      X