Events!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events!!!

When playing scenario's there should be EVENTS that are triggered by year, discovery, a particular geographic location or no. of cities.
    EXAMPLE: The dark ages could be triggered when you reach a certain year, and this would create hordes of barbarians which will appear for 50 turns or so.
    EXAMPLE: you move a unit for the first time onto a strange monolith in the middle of Egypt. Suddenly, alien hordes appear for 50 turns or so.
    EXAMPLE: You build an empire that has 100 cities. Suddenly barbarian hordes appear (to simulate the sacking of Rome).
    EXAMPLE: A meteorite is scheduled to hit Earth in 2050. You must build laser defence by then or else the world will be plunged into chaos.
    YOU GET MY DRIFT.
    IMPORTANTLY: these events should be easily programmable so anyone can build a scenario with them.
    EVENTS COULD also be implemented in the real game to a lesser exten...

FEEDBACK?

i agree with events. hell, there were events in civ1, as there were in smac. they add a good touch. however, they should not be ACTUAL events, especially not ones that are triggered at a certain time. the whole game is about rewriting history. so having things happen at the same time every game really would kill that.
    -connorkimbro
    "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I fully agree with having a more highly developed events setup for scenarios in Civ3. In fact, I also like the idea of allowing events in the main game, mainly for use with mod packs; either that, or they must allow random map generation for scenarios! I remember once trying to do a scenario (can't remember what, now!), where it really needed a different random map each time, so I was forced to try a mod for the main game, which then also ground to a halt because I couldn't implement events!
      Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
      Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

Events should be triggered when you reach a certain tech age, not by a certain year. Civ is about remaking history, not following actual real history

------------------
        Its okay to smile; you're in America now
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Heh. . umm. . oh yeah. sorry. carry on
          -connorkimbro
          "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I think he ius talking about scenario events connorkimbro
            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Yea, events would be great to have back. Earthquakes and floods, and disasters of all sorts.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
              X