Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by yin26 on 04-18-2001 05:44 AM
    So I've had to adjust my gaming style a bit. I also only play much later at night after I've seen to my wife and child.

So I adjusted. Everybody is happy.

Well this explains a lot.
    I've been wondering about your shift of apeareancetime at apolyton for a while now. I'd say it is quite late in South Korea right now

Comment

Leave it to my good friend Jeje to even notice.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I'm 18 and have been playing Civ since 1992 when I bought the Amiga (500) version in some London HMV shop. Of course learning to play it properly (!) was quite tricky seeing how I couldn't quite understand the English manual. I spend weeks and weeks translating it in my head having to look up such words as 'ruler' and 'trade' in the dictionary. From then on I read it cover-to-cover like 3 or 4 times just enjoying how well written it was.
        So I got to play the wonderful Civilization but, alas, how was I to save my games like my neighbour did on his PC, when my poor lil' Amiga didn't have a hard disk? Oh, it was heartbreaking having to say goodbye to my glorius nation and my *huge* size 16 cities By much trial and error I eventually discovered that one had to slide the little plastic square thingie in the corner of the floppy disk down when the game stated 'disk read/write protected' which to begin with had been jibberisch to me.
        I then went on to Colonization, then Civ2, and after some unhappy encounters (ctp 1/2) I have now reached the ultimate: Europa Universalis. I love this game for it's huge amount of historicity and the way it really makes you feel you rule a nation, letting you endure the hardships leaders of that time experienced when trying to make the best for their country in a hostile world.
        The rivers shall run to the sea,
        While shadows shall move across the valleys of mountains,
        While the heavens shall nourish the stars,
        Always shall your honor and your name and your fame endure.

Comment

Working...
        X