New Music Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Music Track

In Civ III they should do much like Westwood did in Red Alert and give the player a new music track after a momentous acheivement in the game.

There should also be about 20-30 music tracks, and they should be more upbeat for most of the ones in the game were depressing and I found that it was better to play with music off.

Comments? Suggestions? Additions?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

I always play with the sound off and no type of music is going to change that.
    Rome rules

Comment

I'd like to see a dynamic music system that plays tracks based on whats happening in your Civ - if your at war, then war music. If it's a period of great enlightment, the happy, upbeat Roman-esque music. The Dark Ages - dark ages like music!! Know what I mean?

If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

What they should do is have the option to import mp3's into the civ3 music directory ( or manually set the music directory for where your music is stored). It would then randomly play them throught your game. Or maybe just a plugin for winamp. I usually run winamp in the background anyway.

------------------
        *PLOP*
        *PLOP*

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Zanzin on 04-16-2001 10:36 PM
          I'd like to see a dynamic music system that plays tracks based on whats happening in your Civ - if your at war, then war music. If it's a period of great enlightment, the happy, upbeat Roman-esque music. The Dark Ages - dark ages like music!! Know what I mean?

Know exactly what you mean, and dont like it at all. If I play a track that gets me in the civ mood, and everytime something occures the music changes, it would get really anoying.
          CTP music was good. Civ II, awful.
          Like the idea of finding your own tracks.
          The samurai has spoken

Comment

I really liked the music in CTP2!
            I think the original music in the game gets you in the right mood, and I therefore do not listen to regular mp3-songs while I'm playing. Many good mood-setting music tracs in Civ3 are a must.

Comment

If Firaxis uses mp3 formats in the game, the music played could be set to what is going on in the game. So if the music is on "war" CivIII could be set to use your own "war" playlist.

It could play some AC/DC or Wagner (Apocolypse Now). If you just got a "we love the X Day" you could play stuff like U2-Beautiful Day. If in diplomacy a lets say Mao tell Lincoln to screw off and declares war, it could play Denis Leary "@$$hole" (current events pun intended)

Well these are my own musical tastes, but you get the picture.
              [This message has been edited by SerapisIV (edited April 20, 2001).]

Comment

In Civ II you simply put in your favourite CD and then the annoying Civ music (especially that damn Asian mourn song, I don't know the name of, you will know for sure) is replaced by yours. I'd pretty love to see that in Civ III, so you can choose your own war tune.

Comment

You know... If Civ3 was played in a window, you could easily use Winamp or CDPlayer while you play...

Gary

Comment

Jeez, I'm spamming for my own thread... what has my life come to?

Gary

[This message has been edited by GaryGuanine (edited April 20, 2001).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SerapisIV on 04-20-2001 01:31 AM
                      It could play some AC/DC or Wagner (Apocolypse Now). If you just got a "we love the X Day" you could play stuff like U2-Beautiful Day. If in diplomacy a lets say Mao tell Lincoln to screw off and declares war, it could play Denis Leary "@$$hole" (current events pun intended)
                      [This message has been edited by SerapisIV (edited April 20, 2001).]

Try Music by Laibach, when conquering other cities. This is even better than Wagner.

Comment

There is one particular piece that is played with Womens Suffrage. What is the tile and who is the author of that rag. The stop motion on the show goes perfect with the music.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by schubert37 on 04-20-2001 03:20 AM
                          In Civ II you simply put in your favourite CD and then the annoying Civ music (especially that damn Asian mourn song, I don't know the name of, you will know for sure) is replaced by yours. I'd pretty love to see that in Civ III, so you can choose your own war tune.

All this seems to me a bit strange: do you usually feel the need for changing any soundtrack, watching films?

I vote for a background music able to underline the general acting of my Civ, not for a lot of change every time some events happens.

For people who want to change this too, (for mod scenery files) I can agree about a setup file with categories (or "flags" setting) to match music and mood:
                          Enemy surrender to you
                          /mymusic/tune1.mp3
                          You lost the war (less Civ power than before starting it)
                          /mymusic/tune2.mp3

and so on.
                          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

That's exactly my idea Adm.Naismith. If Black and White can name settlers after your email addressbook and use local weather conditions, CivIII should be able to include either dynamic music of its own and the ability to customize it with out own tunes instead of just whats on the CD.

Comment

Working...
                            X