Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling tanks

Just an idea.
    How about if you could sell manufactured goods such as tanks, and missiles. That way, not if a civ was rich in natural resources. They could sign a trade deal with a resource poor industralised country, so that they sell x resources per turn in exchange for say 1 tank per 2 turns. Of course money would be a legitimate way to purchase the tanks.
    COMMENTS!

Damn good idea.... money would I think be the only one way to do it though and I think it would do better to be added on into the diplomacy system. after all you don't see nations make monthly tank delivaries...
    Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
    So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
    rocking on everest

Comment

Yes, this would be brilliant and I think they will implement this with the "bargaininng table" concept. See the Firaxis website.
      Rome rules

Comment

Great idea. That is how coountries like India aquired a modern military and I think that lacking it would lead to a less historically acurate game.
        "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

brilliant idea!!!
          firaxis- are you rading that?

Comment

yeah, that way you could sell your obsolete units to inferior nations and use the money to help speed production of the newer units. just like the real world. i have assumed up to this point that tis was a given from the way the new negotiation table will be set up. i.e. you can trade units for gold, or anything else for that matter.
            [This message has been edited by Nemo (edited April 15, 2001).]

Comment

Along the lines of selling units, can you buy an upgrade to obsolete units? Firaxis hasn't talked about this yet, for or against. Also, once a unit becomes obsolete, you should still be able to build it because you could then sell it to another civ. Sort of like if the US will still be selling F-16s internationally even after F-22 and JSF fighters are produced.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Nemo on 04-15-2001 01:17 PM
                i have assumed up to this point that tis was a given from the way the new negotiation table will be set up. i.e. you can trade units for gold, or anything else for that matter.
                [This message has been edited by Nemo (edited April 15, 2001).]

Same here.
                Rome rules

Comment

Actually, I still assume so.
                  Rome rules

Comment

Adding a market feature in the game where you can buy things and units and improvements from the computer would be a good feature.
                    -->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Nemo on 04-15-2001 01:17 PM
                      i have assumed up to this point that tis was a given from the way the new negotiation table will be set up. i.e. you can trade units for gold, or anything else for that matter.

Right, me too, but I also had the impression that the bargaining table would only be for one-off deals - i.e., give me so much gold now, and I'll give you so many tanks. This doesn't cover Gammaray's idea of a trade deal whereby you "sell x resources per turn in exchange for say 1 tank per 2 turns". I feel that could be a powerful extension to the options at the bargaining table.
                      Ilkuul

Every time you win, remember: "The first shall be last".
                      Every time you lose, remember: "The last shall be first".

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ilkuul on 04-15-2001 06:33 PM
                        I also had the impression that the bargaining table would only be for one-off deals - i.e., give me so much gold now, and I'll give you so many tanks.

Luckily, you are almost certainly not correct on this point. The info on the Firaxis website explicitely states that you can demand that somebody pays you X amount each turn, so it is reasonable to assume that it will be possible with everything.
                        Rome rules

Comment

Working...
                        X