Multiplayer option - Blitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer option - Blitz

No matter how they end up doing simultaneous turns they will most likely do sim turns. (And this would work even without sim turns.)

I want an option for multiplay where we can set a time limit like: "5 minutes to finish turn after first player presses turn done button". This is a very popular play style for Stars! and although it is unsupported there it really allows for a short and fierce game to be played. With support for a time setting like this small games could be played in an evening in multiplayer settings.

I concur. For some reason I have the feeling that there will be the option to set a time limit for everyones turn...don't ask me why, it's just a feeling I have...maybe I'm a little psychic...or is it psychotic!

Comment

I don't see why this would be too hard to implement since it's already available when setting up a CTP internet game.
      [This message has been edited by jpww (edited March 25, 2001).]
      "I'm an engineer. I make slides that people can't read. Sometimes I eat donuts." - Alice

Comment

It won't matter to me if this option is included or not. I, like many many people, will never play a multiplayer game if it requires all the players to be online at the same time.

Comment

I don't play with people in different parts of the world in anything than an email campaign, but I quite enjoy a lan evening (or over the internet as not everybody lives in my flat any longer (long story on why my flat ruled for lan games for a while)). But I want it when I play with people in town.

And to clarify things, when setting a time limit you could either a) Limit the time for the turn. (5 minutes for a turn.) b) Set time per unit/city the largest player has or c) set a time limit after the first player finishes.

a and b are in smac already, so I figure that they will be in civ 3 as well. I just want c added to the list.

Comment

These are all already in civ2. Why ask when they're unlikely to change it?

Comment

All of them?

I must be blind! *starts digging for a civ 2 box* Gotta check this out, I didn't think my option c was included.

And to restate once again for newcomers. Option c has no "set time limit" at all. It waits until the first player pushes turn complete, then it tells all remaining players that 5 minutes are left to complete their turn, and the clock starts ticking.

And if it was in civ 2, where did it go in smac?

Let me exemplify, we have four players (1,2,3,4). Each of them does their first turn. After four seconds player 2 pushes turn complete. (He built a city and moved an explorer real quick.) Now 1,3 and 4 have 5 minutes to finish their turn.

Later in the game, around 1700 or so a massive war i brewing, everyone is micromanaging everything. After 22 minutes player 3 pushed turn complete. Now players 1,2 and 4 have 5 minutes to complete their turn.

This is definitely not in smac.

Comment

It was actually already found in CivNet.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                X