No announcement yet.

Firaxis, Give Us a REAL Expert Level!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No matter how difficult you make the hardest level, SOMEBODY will find a way to beat it ..."

Exactly ... this is really the bottom line IMOHO. We saw it happen in CIV I when the Emperor level was deemed unbeatable. We saw it again in CIV II with the Diety level. Firaxis will be thanked (by me, anyway) if they delay the inevitable for as long as possible.

I know the programmers can't make an AI that's as good as a real human. I can only encourage/spur them on to do their best. :-)

"If Civ isn't challenging for you, ... (1) Play a game that's more difficult for you, or (2) Start your own civilization in real life and put your fearsome leadership skills to good use. There's no point complaining about it."

I prefer "stating my opinion" instead of the term "complaining". ;-) I plan to buy the game even if they don't change the difficulty.

My real point, however, is this: If they added a more difficult level going from Civ I to Civ II, then, who knows? Maybe they'll do it again for Civ III. How can they know we want it if we don't speak up.

"Maybe Firaxis could consider a 'SimCiv' mode, the opposite of 'bloodlust'!"

Well, Ilkuul, we can finally agree on something! :-)

I like playing peaceful games as well as survival games. My overall favorite type of games are when I peacefully build a thriving empire only to have some monster powerhouse civ come and try to take it away. So then, Firaxis, make a SimCiv level AND an Impossible level!

(Boy, I just want it all, don't I?)

Comment

'I plan to buy the game even if they don't change the difficulty.'
      I'm afraid that's the attitude gamers had about TOT, CTP1/2 and all the other faliures. I sincerely hope people would stop sayin 'I'll buy the game anyway...' If you'll buy the game anyway, than obviously it's not an important enough issue to be in the game. Maybe Activision and etc thought people thought of this about the AI as well?

Comment

Here's an analogy of people who complain about the game's difficulty levels:

It hurts when I bang myself in the head with a stone! (resumes banging him/herself on the head)

STOP PLAYING THE GAMES THAT BORE YOU AND MOVE ON PLEASE.

I for one, enjoy the Civ games yet, and look forward to Civilization III.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

quote:

'I plan to buy the game even if they don't change the difficulty.'
          I'm afraid that's the attitude gamers had about TOT, CTP1/2 and all the other faliures. I sincerely hope people would stop sayin 'I'll buy the game anyway...' If you'll buy the game anyway, than obviously it's not an important enough issue to be in the game. Maybe Activision and etc thought people thought of this about the AI as well?

I think that the game, already, is worth buying. Still I want harder levels and a SimCiv mode, but if Fiaxis doesn't applies that it won't stop me from buying a game that I thing is good.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Hi fellow civ'ers,

One of the major keys to a real impossible level is Military AI. The
            strategy and tactics of the AI has to improve with the era. For instance,
            tanks and heliocopters as used differently then warriors and archers. The
            AI has to know the key advantage of each military unit especially in the
            modern era.

Skipping to the modern era to make the point. The AI has to understand
            naval tactics like how to use an aircraft carrier. How to assemble and
            use a naval invasion force. And lastly, in the modern era it has to
            understand and use Air Power. This strategy is the key in the modern
            era and probably the near future. All current civ AIs don't have a
            clue about the concept of air superiority. That is the primary reason
            I can beat the Civ 2 AI at the highest level.

Cavin forever,

Dennis

Comment

I've outlined a few ways to improve the AI in Civ3 here:
              http://www.apolyton.net/forums/Forum6/HTML/002307.html

Comment

Vote for a harder level in an unofficial poll!
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                X