Some bugs... I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some bugs... I think

1)On some maps I've downloaded from the net I can only choose a technology to discover in the window which is shown after discovering previous technology. I am almost sure that the answer is NO but: Is there another way to choose a technology than the Technology Tree?

2)How many units do I need, in newly conquered city, to protect it from cultural fliping into the enemy's hands?

1) Go to the science advisor screen (F6) and click on the desired tech. Your research changes according to it, but if you change midstream, all accumulated research will be lost.

2) A lot. I think it was something like 1 for each foreign population (2 if resister and count as double if under disorder), 1 for each enemy-owned tile in the city radius and a few extras depending on vicinity to enemy capital and enemy culture in the city. So... 40 should be enough.

Comment

1) I don't think so.

2) It depends on a lot of factors, a good rule of thumb is twice the tiles worked by foreigners (worked by any city).
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

One factor in culture flipping is the _proportion_ of forgein nationals in the city. In a freshly captured city this is normally 100%. To help matters add a few of your workers/settlers to the city to change the balance. Then fewer troops are required. If the city has no wonders, consider razing+rebuilding. You can feel like Atilla the Hun !

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by War of Art
          One factor in culture flipping is the _proportion_ of forgein nationals in the city. In a freshly captured city this is normally 100%. To help matters add a few of your workers/settlers to the city to change the balance. Then fewer troops are required.
          Although this would make sense in real life, this is entirely, completely wrong.

A city with 1 foreign citizen and no friendly has the same flip chance as a city with 1 foreign and 20 friendly (if everything else is equal).
          If you cut off my head, what do I say?
          Me and my body, or me and my head?

Comment

Hmm, perhaps you could be right. It's a long while since I've seen the formula for culture flipping. There was a great thread a while back that had the exact formula, and there were a number of variables.

If I remember rightly, though, proportion of nationality was one of them, along with relative cultural values and relative governments. To impose martial law you need an awful lot of soldiers, as I seem to remember that they had a very small effect.

Also, you know that feeling when a city FULL of troops flips... not good.

Does anyone know the link? It would help a lot...
            -Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

culture flip formula

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

alva: Thanks for the link.
                War of Art: As you see from the link, the number of friendly citizens does not matter at all.

Comment

what happens to units in city if the city flips? DO the enemy get them, or do they get executed?
                  send gjerne gaver til meg.

Comment

[coracle]
                    It's so stupid, them go up into thin air, damn you firaxis......
                    [/coracle]

Yes, they get executed. To be honest, that's something I don't like either. They should have at least a chance of surving(even maybe badly wounded).
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

My guess is that half of your units flipped, and then fought the other half that didn't flip. And since they were of equal strength, they eliminated each other

Comment

Ah, you turn it into a feature

Comment

Originally posted by theNiceOne
                          alva: Thanks for the link.
                          War of Art: As you see from the link, the number of friendly citizens does not matter at all.
                          Poo, I clearly stand corrected. I shall stop wasting those workers at once.

-Jam

Comment

The British Empire at their peak had a term for this, "Going Native". They were afraid that their troops and colonists abroad would decide to abandon "civilized" mores and behavior and adopt the local "uncivilized" native culture and abandon the Empire.

Read Kipling some for good tales of this.
                            Seemingly Benign
                            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm

Read Kipling some for good tales of this.
                              And for those of you still within the British Empire ? Well he also has some exceedingly good cakes

(Brit humour)

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                              X