Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by carioca on 03-29-2001 07:50 PM
    where are you seeing these screenshots???

On the map screen cgw1, you have four units. They all face the same way. The two in the front are in different squares, but then two behind are lined up in the same square.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Clark on 03-30-2001 10:27 AM
      You guys are becoming masters at reading between the lines.

Adm., are you thinking that this might be Civ 2.5 after all and you're ok with that?

More like civ 1.5 actually. Still the original game being updated.

But don't listen to us curmudgeons.

Comment

Two more city improvements I notice on the screen after straining my eyes:

Courthouse & Colloseum

Terrain: There seems to be more variety - the new terrain I can see is plain/desert? hills, but naturally there may be more.

Bad News:
        On the city screen I cannot see the same resource twice, which means the benefits cannot be stacked if you have more than one unit of a certain resource. I thought limited stacking (capped at 3 units) should be allowed.
        Rome rules

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Clark on 03-30-2001 10:27 AM
          You guys are becoming masters at reading between the lines.

Adm., are you thinking that this might be Civ 2.5 after all and you're ok with that?

Steve, sorry for later answer, but I had to find my way back to Apolyton (I'm one of the people no more able to see apolyton.net address resolved by DNS).

Yes, we are doing our best to do some "diplomatic operations" on available Civ III materials

About Civ 2.5 or not... well, I'm keeping my opinion tight to my chest until I'll play a demo (or enough people I know and trust, played it ).

Some graphic seems on the right way to me, some needs to be checked on the usability aspect.
          I lost my bet on barbarian disappearance (I wanted them out, in change of minor civs troops raiding here and there, with trade, pacts, alliances; now I'm wondering about the role left for minor civs ).
          I lost my hope about maps (globe and hex).
          Culture related to early improvements seems very promising.

Many hopes are still uncertain, and they can shift the balance alot...

After all, it seems I'll be hooked to apolyton forum looking for news, for another bunch of months

------------------
          Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
          [This message has been edited by Adm.Naismith (edited April 02, 2001).]
          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I've finally sat down and read the article and took a close look at the images. One dumb question. I love the autumnal-looking city view image and read with interest the discussion about it above. But it then says 'City view' is out. I know everything is in a state of flux, but I am wondering if the city view (if it's in) will be just a static view like before which was worthless, imo. Wouldn't be good if we could do some interactions at that view?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Steve Clark on 04-05-2001 11:01 AM
              I love the autumnal-looking city view image and read with interest the discussion about it above. But it then says 'City view' is out. I know everything is in a state of flux, but I am wondering if the city view (if it's in) will be just a static view like before which was worthless, imo. Wouldn't be good if we could do some interactions at that view?

Which interaction are you hoping for? Statistics? Maintenance costs? Please, give me some detail.

Looking at the screenshot, I'm not ready to bet my lunch on the chance that City view will be interactive, but... who knows? (Sid team apart)

------------------
              "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
              - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Please someone tell me, where I can find these screen shots? I read through this thread but couldn't find that info. Thanks.

Comment

Try **here**.

[This message has been edited by yin26 (edited April 05, 2001).]
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Marko Polo,
                    Computer Game article, screenshots and comment are also available here, at the thread Computer Game CIV III preview.

------------------
                    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

The whole article, with text and screenshots is here: Civilization Fanatics Center

Somewhere in the news you can find a link to this.

------------------
                      Who am I? What am I? Do we need Civ? Well....
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                      X