Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• civilization 1 for pocketpc?

would there be a want for this? should i make it
    civilization 1 , or civ3 (rules ,units etc) pared down to civ1 graphics and complexity

never mind i found a DOS emulator www.pocketdos.com im going to try this with civ1

Comment

Why would you need a DOS emulator? Civ1 comes in a Windows version. I still have it on my computer.

Comment

There is a DOS version too.

It has worse graphic, but better music (in diplo screen).

Comment

to play on pocketpcs. pocketpcs dont run regular windows applications, but thee mulator will allow playing of small dos applications like civilization 1.

Comment

Re: civilization 1 for pocketpc?

Originally posted by brianshapiro
            (...)civ3 (rules ,units etc) pared down to civ1 graphics and complexity
            Thats what they should do for gameboy Avadnce. (Conlse where need more RTS/TBS games...)
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by brianshapiro
              to play on pocketpcs. pocketpcs dont run regular windows applications, but thee mulator will allow playing of small dos applications like civilization 1.
              Well, what Happened?

I've always wondered if this would work...please update us if you have the opportunity.
              tis better to be thought stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6 years lurking, 5 minutes posting

Comment

it works it loads , but its too slow to play i never waited past the introduction

Comment

Actually, I read a story not too long ago (and forgive my memory or lack thereof, I don't remember where) that Civ 1 has already been created as a game for one of the new cell phones out on the market. IIRC, it was quite an expensive phone.

Comment

There's also a version of Civ1 for the Palm pilot.

It's pretty weak, though.
                    Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Working...
                    X