Do we have to whine to get an update?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we have to whine to get an update?

I was just wondering. Seems like that usually does the trick. Maybe its time to start whining again? Here it goes:

"MAN. Its been almost a month and there has been no updates. Whats the deal firaxis. Some people want to know what all is going on. Give us an update!!!!.............They must have canceled it."

Fell free to join in.

[This message has been edited by fatboy76 (edited March 24, 2001).]

In the newest Interview with Sid there is a hint about the site being updated soon
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I hereby echo fatboy76's opinions

If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

Patience, patience...IMO, Firaxis is working as fast as they can. As a rule of tumb, just expect an update once every two months

Comment

I am an avid civ fan..I play CTP:1 & CTP:2..all the while eagerly awaiting CIV III!!!

But I remember people drooling for more info..release date..speed up hurry up ship/recieve dates..ect. ect. ect.
          I think we should be patient..while QUANTITY...is nice QUALITY is better...I believe I just quantified the reason for no updates..although th UK game review speaks volumes that Mr.Sid Meier is patient and reserved to a professional point..no news until its fact..no yarns, spinning of rumors..hints of "soon-to-be-completed" projects....he is only speaking on that which is finished and working..In my opinion Super!

I would rather wait, clean the drool off my keyboard then to be spittin,fumin mad at a leak of lies!!

Keep on waiting and soon a new update will be there!

Yours in Civin

Troll

------------------
          Hebrews 11:1

Now Faith is the substance of things hoped for and things unseen
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I will wait for the game as long as it takes. And I dont really need to see chapters if info being released at a time. May just a unit or two or a leaders face. Or maybe dare I say.....A SCREEN SHOT! I really dont like webmasters who think they have to have something profound in order to update there site. Haveing maintained a website before I know how unhard it is to post a picture.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by fatboy76 on 03-24-2001 11:43 PM
              I will wait for the game as long as it takes. And I dont really need to see chapters if info being released at a time. May just a unit or two or a leaders face. Or maybe dare I say.....A SCREEN SHOT! I really dont like webmasters who think they have to have something profound in order to update there site. Haveing maintained a website before I know how unhard it is to post a picture.

As I've stated numerous times, screenshots will only be posted when we feel the game is ready. Right now, we're not. That's really all there is to it.

You can another batch of "ask the Civ team" letters in a couple of days. The whole crew just got back from GDC and we have some catching up to do.

Dan
              Firaxis Games, Inc.

Dan Magaha
              Firaxis Games, Inc.
              --------------------------

Comment

Excellent, Dan!

People - leave Firaxis alone. They have updated the site three weeks ago. Last time it took them six weeks to update it, so they are doing much better now. Anyway, I don't expect to see any screenshots until E3, which is where Civ3 will probably get its first "full" presentation.
                Rome rules

Comment

Yay! Now I have even more to look forward to... The future looks bright, but the walk there might be long and hard....
                  *grumbles about work*

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS on 03-26-2001 03:07 PM
                    As I've stated numerous times, screenshots will only be posted when we feel the game is ready. Right now, we're not. That's really all there is to it.

Well....ok. But I talked about other things besides screen shots. I knew that it was unliky. Out of curiousity why cant you post a screen shot of what you have now and have a little text IN THE PICTURE (that way noone can boot it easy and call it the real thing) that calls it a test shot or temp shoot or eirly build shot or something like that?

Comment

You know, what Firaxis should do is set up a position at the company where I just watch them design the game, and disseminate information to the loyal fans in cyberspace. It would solve everyone's problems.

Gary

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by fatboy76 on 03-26-2001 06:33 PM
                        Well....ok. But I talked about other things besides screen shots. I knew that it was unliky. Out of curiousity why cant you post a screen shot of what you have now and have a little text IN THE PICTURE (that way noone can boot it easy and call it the real thing) that calls it a test shot or temp shoot or eirly build shot or something like that?

The other things you mentioned, leader heads and units, are both available from our website. Perhaps I'm not understanding you correctly.

The decision to post or not post screenshots is often a factor of several different things. One very big factor, for example, has to do with gaming magazines who may want exclusive content for stories. Another has to do with the fact that the game may not look ready for public consumption, etc. Another reason is that the publisher likes to weigh in on these kinds of decisions and ensure that information being released aligns with their (and our) strategy for marketing the game.

In short, while it takes me all of thirty seconds to post a screenshot, a lot more goes into deciding when, where, and what is shown. This is why I can't just throw a screenshot up whenever someone asks me to.

I think the horse is down and begging for mercy. I'm going to stop flogging it now. As soon as there are screenshots, you guys will know.

Dan
                        Firaxis Games, Inc.

[This message has been edited by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS (edited March 27, 2001).]
                        Dan Magaha
                        Firaxis Games, Inc.
                        --------------------------

Comment

Take all the time you need to get it right.Anticipation is half the fun....
                          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Smash on 03-27-2001 01:55 AM
                            Take all the time you need to get it right.Anticipation is half the fun....

Hope you're right becouse I will have to wait a lot longer than most people for this game (and so will you if I'm not mistaken ) The mac port isn't likely to be available untill atleast 6 months after the release if the game
                            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Even a 'not yet please' is a good response.

Did anyone notice that civ II did not have the seashore tiles did not cycle the waves like civI????

I liked that in civ I.

Comment

Working...
                              X