The Awe inspiring palace/throneroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Awe inspiring palace/throneroom

Word around the campfire is that most people are divided on this subject, mainly because the palace/throneroom is an afterthought and not a relevant part of the game.

I, however, like the palace and throneroom idea and give me break between building roads and irrigation. But, I also think the palace/throneroom could be used as a modifier within the game.

In SMAC, factions were rated (ie// might:feeble....etc). What do you say that if in Civ III, the quality of the palace acts as a modifier on how the other civs relate to you diplomatically, or an "awe" modifier. In reality, Washington DC is designed to intimidate, out palaces/thronerooms should do the same thing.

ps: never downtalk or take away a terraforming unit, it gives me o so much to do in the first 2000 yrs or so, nothing was worse than in CTP where the majority of the game was ending my turn.

quote:

What do you say that if in Civ III, the quality of the palace acts as a modifier on how the other civs relate to you diplomatically, or an "awe" modifier. In reality, Washington DC is designed to intimidate, out palaces/throne rooms should do the same thing.

I see your point, but in game terms palace/throne is only a way to show your empire achievements.
    The game diplomatic engine should already keep in account your empire status when treating with you, looking at basic numbers not at their palace/throne reproduction.

I mean, don't confuse the thermometer with the temperature

Of course we can add a view of the palace/throne every time a diplomat come to speak (a still picture or a 3D view walkaround, you can dream here ), but this will only be for adding atmosphere and epic (see also "How to make Civ III more epic" thread).

------------------
    Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
    "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
    - Admiral Naismith

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith on 03-20-2001 09:42 AM
      [Quote]
      this will only be for adding atmosphere and epic.

And that's just why I like it!
      Hasdrubal's Home.
      Ceterum censeo Romam esse delendam.

Comment

I agree with both Mr.Do and Hasdrubal - Hopefully Firaxis will keep something like the Throne Room and/or Palace in CIV3 I too missed it terribily in CIV-TOT.

Comment

I'd love to see the other civ's throne room, that way I can make better judgments about the development of their civ. Of cource you could have the option of not allowing them into your throne room.
          I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

Working...
          X