Starting locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting locations

I recently started a game on the europe map that came with PTW as the English but got the starting location of real-life Paris.

Is there any way of playing in Europe with correct starting locations?
    Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

You can edit the mapfile - specify the starting locations. Atleast in the original Civ3 you could do this.
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

But editing PTW will take a bit more as most of civ players still have to purchase it
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

In PTW you can set the start positions also.
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I've had to do this with Marla's Map. It's kind of a pain if you want to include every Civ... because Europe and the Middle East gets very, very crowded.
          Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

You could just go to the editor and delete all the starting locations, and instead start each civ with its capital already founded in the proper place (with the PTW editor).
            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Yeah
              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
              X