• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tp

Comment

Re: Civ leaders talk funny!

Originally posted by The diplomat
      Is there a way to edit the diplomacy messages by any chances?
      yep, either edit the text-file as mentioned or check out the diplomacy editor it the files-section or the utils-section at CFC
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Hm, now I see why fg took a one-week trip to Mingapulco...

Back on topic: I think that funny diplomacy is not bad, I have fun with some of the silly things the leaders say, but I'd like to see more variety in their answers. When Liz says for the empteenth time that she's late for her milk bath, it's not funny anymore.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Somehow, I doubt it would be more entertaining or interesting hearing her say some mundane phrase like "please hurry up" for the empteenth time either...
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

They tend to PO me at times with their smart punk attitudes! Sometimes I end up having a war just because I don't like their attitude and what they said to me. Its like...ok you want to talk all of that trash, I am going to teach you now! Then I get even more angry at them if they start beating me in the battle
            -PrinceBimz-

Comment

"I hope you appreciate our forbearance in not destroying you. Do you not think it sensible for you to give us something in return?"

lol
              "The Mighty Stephen Hawking is a F***ing Quake master"
              ----------
              "I'm DUI hardy ever caught sober"

Comment

"Rome is in urgent need of assistance! etc. "

That was quite confusing. Caesar seemed so polite, I gave him what he wanted! Only happy to help a friend in need.

But then he replied something about us realizing our place as a vassal of the empire or someting... Grrr
                I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
                  Somehow, I doubt it would be more entertaining or interesting hearing her say some mundane phrase like "please hurry up" for the empteenth time either...
                  aha, but I'm not talking about "mundane" phrases... she could still talk funny things, I just wanted some more variety. She could say something about being late to watch the latest Shakespeare's play (if in the correct time frame) or...

Hm, this is an interesting idea. Leaders that would say funny things matching the epoch of the conversation. If the game were in the 1700-1800 period (it has to be a extended period like that), Joan could say something like: "Since I joined the French Revolution, I've been pretty busy cutting some heads down, so hurry up!"...

Comment

Excellent idea Alex

Educational and fun
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Having Joan d'Arc join the French Revolution is of course very historically correct.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                        Having Joan d'Arc join the French Revolution is of course very historically correct.
                        Hey, I'm just trying to give some flavor to the diplomacy...

And you have to agree that Joan is sexier than some bloodthirsty jacobins...

Comment

Joan isn't quite as sexy in her Armie shirt and shaved head in modern times
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Working...
                          X