No announcement yet.

Hey Firaxis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wants plama rifles when you can have quantum disintegrators?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I want isotropic wormhole generators !
      veni vidi PWNED!

Comment

technophile, wasn't you asking for First Person Civ some time ago, with anything showed from the point of view of the King (diplomatic meeting, city view, etc.)?

You make funny of me once, twice will be too much

------------------
        Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

First person Civ, now there's an idea. Your councillors tell you their reports verbally (and only once) until you discover writing, then you get written reports which are out of date because they have to be couriered back to your palace. The map does not become available until you discover mapmaking and send out explorers to report back with new information. Dragons are reported just off the edge of the known world in all directions until superstition dies down. Eventually you get a big office with a nice red button to press anytime you get bored of hearing your generals tell you why you need more armies despite having a budget twice the size of the rest of the world already. An altogether different experience, but could be fun
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith on 02-19-2001 07:46 AM
            technophile, wasn't you asking for First Person Civ some time ago, with anything showed from the point of view of the King (diplomatic meeting, city view, etc.)?

Yeah, I think the idea went something like "Everybody likes first person shooters, so how about we let the King or Emperor or whoever is in charge run around with a railgun killing enemy units? It would greatly add to the gameplay."
            [This message has been edited by technophile (edited February 19, 2001).]
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Yes, but I don't think you were the one behind including aliens in Civ3, that nearby gave me a heart attack.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

How about adding a special "madican" terrain?
                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                Drake Tungsten
                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                Albert Speer

Comment

What Civ3 needs... is fashion.

What else has played such a dominant role in world politics and civil happiness? If people wore moccasins you can bet Kruschev (I know that's spelled wrong) wouldn't be so keen on banging his shoe on the table. Certainly, fashions have signaled economic shifts and trends. With a fashion factor in Civ3, more realism, depth, and retro feeling could be used to augment this great game.

Fashion would have far reaching consequences in all parts of society. For example: In the late 1900s you should be able to measure the morale of your troops with a special "mood ring" feature that appears on the icons. All units so upgraded would recieve a 25% attack bonus, as enemy units would be impressed and less likely to fight after seeing how stylish and trendy the enemy forces are. Also around this time a new "disco bar" improvement could be build, increasing trendiness and happiness. Building lots of these makes you less trendy with other nations after disco goes out of style, but having a lot also increases the chance of getting the "John Travolta" leader unit.

Of course, everry time a style went out of fashion massive civil disorder would occur, bringing down democracies and such. To balance this, fashions could be offered as bribes to less trendy nations, increasing cash from exports while increasing world happiness due to the closing of the "fashion gap."

And in addition to all this, the final win-the-game project should be the "Ultimate look." What will happen when this new trend is released upon humanity? Only time and lots of People magazines will tell...

------------------
                  "Any shred of compassion left in me was snuffed out forever when they cast me into the flames..."
                  - Marsil, called the Pretender

[This message has been edited by cyclotron7 (edited February 19, 2001).]
                  Lime roots and treachery!
                  "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

no..... update......yet......god...help....us.
                    *big shotgun bang and a loud fall* ................silence

Comment

You still there young newbie forever?
                      *Henrik finds body and quickly resurect it from the dead*

"Thou shalt suffer the long waiting as everyone else!"
                      [This message has been edited by Henrik (edited February 20, 2001).]
                      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Eeeegads ... what a crowd!

The other post talked about budgies (Australian birds) cats & dogs. This one mentions shrimp and wizards!

So ... where shall we go next? ;-)

Comment

How about pet squids and purple dogs?
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I want Atlantis as a civ... you start with the entire tech tree researched, but every turn there is a 75% chance all land that you inhabit sinks and you civ dies.

Comment

You guys have way too much time on your hands. Why aren't you doing something constructive with your energy, like playing Civ 2?

At least I have an excuse, I leant my game to a friend two weeks ago. Then they asked me to help them move. Now they won't talk to me. What I most want now is for a shrimp wizard to blast me away with a plasma rifle for my stupidity.

Marc (In my friends' defense, they aren't 'not talking to me', we just haven't had a chance to connect. I do trust them to return the game. Giving it up in the first place, however, was incredibly stupid on my part. Maybe we should start a thread on how to handle Civ withdrawl?)

Comment

Easy. Buy Masters of Orion II.
                                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X