Hey Firaxis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Firaxis!

I want plasma rifles in Civ III! If there aren't plasma rifles then I'm not buying the game!
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Yes, you've enraged firaxis enough. They won't release the game. Instead, they'll turn to shrimp business. Firaxis Shrimps ...that one more shrimp feelin'

come on, how sillier are we going to get before the website throws something new at us?
    'We note that your primitive civil-^
    ization has not even discovered^
    $RPLC1. Do you care^
    to exchange knowledge with us?'^
    _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
    _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

Only time will tell...

Comment

Bah - I get that one more shrimp feelin' whether it's a friaxis shrimp or any other ****ing shrimp. Shrimp rules!
        "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
        Drake Tungsten
        "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
        Albert Speer

Comment

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it. There's shrimp kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried shrimp, deep fried shrimp, stir-fried shrimp, pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp san'wich...

Civ3 is like a box of chocolates...
          "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

Yes, but nothing beats shrimp cooked to perfection by a single shot from a plasma rifle....

...except shrimp scampii

Comment

If you want plasma rifles so bad, add them yourself. Firaxis won't add units to their game just to get that one extra sale. (I hope)
              [This message has been edited by Sabre2th (edited February 15, 2001).]

Comment

Fortunately for you, every settler comes armed with one. You just have to wait to discover interstellar quantum isotropes before you can charge up the powerpack
                To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                H.Poincaré

Comment

Touche' Grumbold!

Comment

Why? What aspect of the game will be enhanced if you add plasma rifles to it? Sure you will have a cool unit that you can use to blast away all competition, but before they added it, you already had a couple really cool units to do that with, they are called the howitzer and the tank.

And besides there are two problems with adding plasma rifles: 1, the likelyhood that mankind will develop plasma rifles as opposed to some other equally powerful weapon, and 2, the timeframe involved before we develop plasma rifles which is not likely to be in the timeframe covered by civ 3
                    I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

Plasma rifles, now you are being silly

And you have angered the Warlords
                      We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

If firaxis starts putting in dumb futuristic units like the plasma rifle, which belongs in say alpha centauri two, then I'm going to wait for space empires five to come out instead of buying civ III. LOL

Comment

I'm happy to see that only half of the people who responded to this thread took it seriously. There was a time when 99% of the posters on this forum would have gone for my jugular if I'd made a suggestion like this (for example my even better suggestion, "Let's have two types of farm: animal farms and plant farms. The animal farms will occasionally form autocratic governments with communist ideals, led by the pigs on the farm. They will also cause damage to enemies who attempt to pillage the farm because the cattle will stampede and damage the enemy unit." That one got some great responses).

Comment

Nice to see you're really back Techie-poo.

At least you didn't ask for wizards...
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Theben on 02-17-2001 05:29 AM
                              At least you didn't ask for wizards...

Yet another fantastic idea of mine that Firaxis refuses to implement.

Comment

Working...
                              X