No announcement yet.

I want my farmland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw those. Later in the game, it seems kind of hard to believe that over 1/2 your civ is one big city...

i got this idea from the AI (which tends to build irrigation/mines in checkerboard patterns), is that if you build mines on all adjacent squares next to your cities (excluding diagonal), your city will look slightly bigger, at least it's that way for me...
    I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

I don't have mines on either Grassland or Plains. I think they are just plain ugly and have no place on my map. But I've added it to my Forests, which makes them much more productive with railroads.

Comment

you can mine IN forests?

Comment

If you add a mining bonus in the editor, yes. And the AI will actually mine them, at least ones that are in Plains. Grassland forests they tend to chop down still.

Comment

oh..add... never you mind.

the industrial sectors of the world don't exactly have acres of mines...

Comment

Like I said, if you remove the mining bonus from Grassland etc. you won't get mines all over your map anymore. Just in Forests, Hills and Mountains where they belong. I also allow them in Desert, but I don't allow cities to be built there. So it doesn't end up getting out of hand.

Comment

wait till the next expansion where we will get more of what civ2 had.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                  wait till the next expansion where we will get more of what civ2 had.
                  What makes you say this? I haven't seen any statement from Firaxis or Infogrames to support this.
                  Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Working...
                  X