What is needed to draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is needed to draft?

Civopedia only mentions Nationalism as required, BUT not every city has draft button visible.

What else is required?

-- X number of nationals?

-- X percentage of nationals?

-- barracks?

Oh, this was with PTW but don't think there were any changes in draft in PTW.

Thanks

== PF

I believe it's Nationalism, plus the city has to be size 6.

Comment

I think a barracks is also required but i'm not sure
      -PrinceBimz-

Comment

Maybe it is barracks + size 6.

One size 7 city did not allow draft, but can't remember if had barracks.

Consistently the problem was with distant continent that was being developed and not with home continent.

== PF

Comment

You would also need any resources required to build the draftable unit. Then again, Riflemen do not require any resources (unless modded) and thus should always be available to draft.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Stuie,

Good guess, but had luxuries from road to harbor so should have had rubber, or whatelse might have been needed.

I did have riflemen upgrade to infantry but that should not have been a problem, or what is? hum.

-- PF

Comment

I think the city cannot have more foreign inhabitants than your own.
              This is probably done to prevent drafting in cities you just conquered (imagine you say to citizens of a country you are at war with to pick up weapons and fight their own men).

Comment

I believe you can only draft your own nationals.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Opps, blew away saved files last night. But these cities where could not draft had only nationals. They were newly planted cities with 2-7 citizens.

Guess this will be a mystery until can recreate situation and reverse decode requirements.

Thanks for the ideas.

== PF

Comment

if you've researched infantry and a city doesn't have rubber, it will build riflemen instead.
                    I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Working...
                    X