Divining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divining

Random Events that happen when you destroy a civ or accomplish something, much like the
    Philosophy Event, should occur...
    Such as (upon destroying the mystic native tribe you capture a wizard and he divines the
    technology IRRIGATION)
    etc.

Good Idea or not?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Do you really want me to answer that?
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I hasten to point out that, in Civ II, whenever you capture an enemy city, you have the ability to steal one of their techs.
      "Harel didn't replay. He just stood there, with his friend, transfixed by the brown balls."

Comment

DarkCloud, have you been breathing that mystic native smoke again?

You can just picture it. German Tanks roll into Paris and up pops a dialog box:
        "upon destroying the French tribe you capture a wizard and he divines the technology ELECTRONICS"

TG

------------------
        Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...
        Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

On consuming some interesting wild mushrooms, your troops discover the meaning of MAGIC
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

Just a recollection: I remember that back in CIV I, a goodie hut gave me ROCKETRY. What an ancient scroll of wisdom, what an enlightened tribe!
            'We note that your primitive civil-^
            ization has not even discovered^
            $RPLC1. Do you care^
            to exchange knowledge with us?'^
            _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
            _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

The civs could have just hidden the technology from their own people...

Okay- perhaps it was a bad idea, but what about your troops gaining a MORALE bonus or something?
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

"Upon capturing the Greek capital your troups preform their ritual tribal dance and mystically divine the technology polytheism."

Come on, how silly do we get (and the above is one of more appropriate possibilities). Giving a morale bonus to a civ that just destroyed another is a good idea, though.
                Rome rules

Comment

I concur with Roman - if a civilzation wipes-out another, the victorious civilization should get a moral boost

Comment

Everyone except the losers is happy when you Win a war... even if you may have lost some family members- though those people may not be quite as happy...
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Indeed, DarkCloud. I think Sabre2th was trying to say that there should also be a war happiness penalty, while the war is still going on.
                      Rome rules

Comment

That's exactly what I meant, Roman. While I like the idea of morale boosts and other bonuses, I'm also thinking that there should be more penalties. You should have to pay for every bonus in some manner.

------------------
                        "We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything."
                        -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

A temporal moral boost, it should fade away after say 50-100 years.
                          No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Yes, obviously the moral boost would have to be temporary.
                            Rome rules

Comment

i'm not a big fan of divining, but i like the morale boost idea

------------------
                              "We don't know a millionth of one percent about anything."
                              -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Working...
                              X