Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cities

ok, pretty much all of my threads have been negative, and this one is no exception:

Rome cannot have Byzantium when the Ottomans has Istanbul (in two locations, no less).

Why does Rome have Jerusalem? I would think it should be in Arabia... I'd rather not have it in the game at all...

Why is Eau Claire, Wisconsin not listed as a U.S. city??? At least make Wisconsin a city name!

I've believe Russia has the city "Kalinin"... If so, does that mean Kaliningrad? Which was once Koenigsberg (Germany).

Straßburg should be German... but that's because I'm German...

Anybody know the significance of Trondheim being the capital of Scandinavia? (yes, I know I've got the Norweigan flag by my name)

When you run out of city names, they add a "New" to new cities, except Tokyo becomes Neo-Tokyo...???

I forgot the capital of Mongolia in the game, but I know the current capital Ulaan Baatar is in the game, but does anyone know the significance of the game's capital?

Tlaxcala is a city for the Aztecs. I think it's also a Mexican state, but is it a modern-day city, as well?

Is Memphis (Men-nepher) a city for the Egyptians?

Is Salzburg the only German city in the game that's not currently in Germany?

Why are there so few city names? They didn't expect many huge map games...

How can 1/2 the people in a city be tax collectors? Seems like "tax payer" is a better term. They should also have included a shield-producing special citizen. Or some combination...

ok, I think I got it all...
    I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

I am glad you got that off your chest, but it just a game, so I do not sweat teh small stuff.

Comment

why not... 22 views and one reply, this thread isnt gonna last long...

Comment

Bumpy (aherm) bumpy bozo (aherm)...

What a nice thread that is! I wonder what weather it was at its author's home...

More seriously, I think that in fact cities that were first of a civilization should maybe (if possible) be considered of that civ. But stil, it may be pretty much a problem also because Civ is a remake of history, thus it may make it differently and see civs taking different cities than in reality...
        Last edited by Trifna; January 4, 2003, 03:12.
        Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

"What a nice thread that is! I wonder what weather it was at its author's home..."

well... its obviously in the single digits...but...NO SNOW!!! WISCONSIN!!!

...it's seriously some kind of record

...why do you ask anyways?

and i've got no way to explain your reply...

Comment

bobbo - you really need to open up the editor and/or visit the mod section. It would solve all of your... important problems.

Comment

most are questions as to why certain things were done in the game, not how to fix them...

Comment

most are questions as to why certain things were done in the game
                Oh, if its that important... well, Firaxis didn't want me to reveal this, but...

Why is Eau Claire, Wisconsin not listed as a U.S. city??? At least make Wisconsin a city name!
                Firaxis decided it wasn't important enough to make it into the listing... or it was #2 & was accidently cut out. And Wisconsin is not a city.

Why does Rome have Jerusalem?
                Because Rome rocks!

If so, does that mean Kaliningrad?
                Sure.

I know the current capital Ulaan Baatar is in the game, but does anyone know the significance of the game's capital?
                No.

When you run out of city names, they add a "New" to new cities, except Tokyo becomes Neo-Tokyo...???
                Yes.

I think it's also a Mexican state, but is it a modern-day city, as well?
                Sure... have you tried a search engine, try Yahoo or Google.

Is Memphis (Men-nepher) a city for the Egyptians?
                No, they just made this one up. Same with Washington.

Why are there so few city names?
                Because they ran out of ideas.

How can 1/2 the people in a city be tax collectors?
                You click on the citizen & they will change into a tax collector. Do this to 1/2 of them & you will get 1/2 the people as tax collectors.

Seems like "tax payer" is a better term.
                Then change it, if you want.

And you're welcome!
                Last edited by Pyrodrew; January 4, 2003, 03:39.

Comment

I think Neo-Tokyo is some kind of anime reference, in Akira I believe the post apocalyptic city was called Neo-Tokyo (and in plenty of other films of the genre surely)
                  As for some of the cities being wrongly placed--it seems humorous for Rome, England, and America to all be able to start off together since that is kind of a 'revolutionary ladder' if you will. America in 4000BC--hilarious (well not really i guess ) Yeah, some of Romes old conquests are not represented as Civs themselves is why Jerusalem is Roman city I guess
                  What would you need for a Military Alliance vs. the Indians?

Comment

Pyrodrew...

well... thanks for attempting to answer the questions... although you are in reality probably answering somebody else's questions...

Neo-Tokyo... how would you alter the game so it wouldn't automatically go to Neo- instead of New?

Comment

You can probably change all the offending city names in the mods under Civilisation statistics which has a huge list of cities, barbs and leaders.

I like the Neo-Tokyo name. Made me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                      X