Classic Civ3 At $19.99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Civ3 At $19.99

EB Games is now offering the classic version of Civ3 at the lowest price ever, $19.99. This is currently a bargain for those who dont have Civ3, as their other choice is the Game of the Year edition costing $39.99 and mainly adding just the 1.29f patch.

Meanwhile, the Play the World expansion pack continues to sell at $29.99. A "gold" package of the classic civ3 with ptw doesnt seem very close.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

so basicly, the game of the year is a rip-off, costing double as much and all you get is a prettier package and you save downloading and installing a 9 MB-patch.

i see the "gold" version coming up in a couple of months - after all of us "hardcore"-civ-fans have bought PTW, the gold version will be out for not so big fans.
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

If they're smart, they'll hold off on the "gold" version until they've patched PTW a bit more and ironed out the rest of the bugs.
      Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

dont forget about the brass, bronze and silver editions. after gold, we can have a platinum that actually lets you switch the histograph from years back to TURNS!!!
        I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

so basicly, the game of the year is a rip-off, costing double as much
          it costs so low cause it's the last of the stock. the amazon price for the clasic civ3 is 24$ but its out of stock(e.g. discontinued)

Comment

Strange, it has not been that long.

The thrill of the headache, the agony of the feet.

You are the game, the freaky adventure, the virtual reality.

Sure is cheap now!!

Comment

it's only cheap due to the Game Of The Year edition. as soon EB's stock is out, we'll be left with the 39$ GOTY....

Comment

So, they are charging Extra for adding the patch to the CD. Infogrames is going to try to squize every dime's worth to of this game.

How long until the get the Non-US versions to the Foreign distributors?

E_T
                Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                Worship the Comic here!
                Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

So, they are charging Extra for adding the patch to the CD
                  one can argue that they dont. they had the classic civ at 39$ (prior to ptw release) and now the goty at the same price. classic civ3 is at a low price cause EB is trying to sell out their stock

Infogrames is going to try to squize every dime's worth to of this game.
                  all companies do. if only we had communism...

Comment

Ha, I bought mine from a local bookstore at 20€ almost a half a year ago.
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

not bad... i paid 44€ at amazon.de a year ago. but it still was a lot cheaper than all the shops in switzerland (>50 € without exception) ;(

Comment

Ahh, shipment from EB came today . I always loved Civ2, but was reluctant to get Civ3 because of all the negative things I read in this forum.
                        So I finally got to play it today. So far, so good.

Comment

have fun
                          but install the newest patch first!

Comment

Good news! Amazon has brought up stock for the classic Civilization III at $19.99, following EB Games' steps.

On the other hand, their $5 offer on PTW has ended, it's the expansion pack's price is back to $29.99.

That said, the strange situation with the versions of Civ3(a 20$ and 40$ one) continues, but we dont mind as long as the 20$ classic stays in stock

Comment

So how long do you guys think it will take for the gold box edition to come out? Summer time?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X