Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to play Civ III without the CD?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

really? now that is interesting. i may have to try that then. i guess since i've had such bad experiences with tech support i tend to think the worst. i buged them once about random crashing problems on a non moded game and got a canned responce, but i suppose i can try again.
    I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

Nice to hear I'm not the only one. :-)

Comment

no cd

This no-cd thing should be included with the disc. I used to love playing civ2, disc problem could not play any more.

same thing happened to ctp1 and ctp2, okay ctp2 is still on sale here but ctp1 and civ2 are now not available so two games unplayable, and now deleted from my hard drive.

Anyway I bought ctp2 again 'cos of the wicked mods, but in reality why should I have had to do this. The companies use crappy cds that bugger up easily just so that sales increase. Then a website like this which is excellent for almost everything cannot even help registered members.

I know about copyright but until there is some sort of replacement service for f@cked up discs info should be given for nocd cracks.

Comment

Isnt the no-cd use only illegal in USA ? Atleast its 100 % leagal in Finland as long as you own original copy of the game.

To my understanding its pretty much leagal in other parts of EU too. Its not piratism as long as you own the game.

(btw, i had problems with starting civ3 v.1.17, contacted infogrames tech support, and NOTHING happened, no reply, no help. downloading no-cd was the only option, i guess i would have been a criminal in U.S for making my leagal purchase work, then )

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
            X