Interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interface

Does anyone know anything about the planned interface? This is a make or break feature for me. I quite liked the civ I and II interface but hated the CTP ones.

yes, the same with me. ctp was un-civ even with its interface, and I'd be very disappointed if civIII implements a system like that. on the other hand, I'd be equally upset if civIII is played within Windows' windows. yuck!
    'We note that your primitive civil-^
    ization has not even discovered^
    $RPLC1. Do you care^
    to exchange knowledge with us?'^
    _'No, we do not need $RPLC1.'^
    _'OK, let's exchange knowledge.'

Comment

It isn't so much that CTP's interface sucked, it was just that it was radically different to other civ interfaces. Once you get over the difference, it is an okay interface.
      - Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
      Mars Colonizer Mission

Comment

CTP interface was un-civ? Maybe that was because CTP was a different game by a different company! And the CTP interfaces had their merits (especially build queues) and their drawbacks (CTP1 was a needless clickfest sometimes). I thought SMAC had a fairly good interface (less demanding than the CTPs, more powerful than Civ2). And yes, windows standard interface would blow. I'm hoping for something that works and feels like SMAC with a few CTP features.

Comment

I hope there's both full-screen mode and windowed mode to choose, it's most flexible that way. About the interface, I think they'll use SMAC-style system, that works well enough. It would be excellent if it's customizable, of course. And they have to play other games and copy good ideas like build queues.

Comment

Working...
          X