• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Borders: Explanation, please?

Could somebody explain me this:

Yours,

LionQ.

I'd guess that ocean squares don't have a lot of influences, and it's easier for borders to be pushed around by small culture variations.

Comment

Well, it's looking very strange. After all, it is possible to have OceanSquares in your territory, or is it???
      Yours,

LionQ.

Comment

I'd say New Hangchow is about to get flipped.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

even if hangchow is gona flip doesn't explain the seperate square, in both maps... I say its a glitch in the program... I mean firaxis aren't the best once time bug less geniuses out there
          Without music life would be a mistake - Nietzsche
          So you think you can tell heaven from hell?
          rocking on everest

Comment

Nobody owns ocean squares. That's all.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Nothing odd about it, your culture would meet up with those squares if the one in the first shot was surrounded by ocean, or if the tile in the second wasn't ocean. Borders can't cover oceans, only seas and coast.
              "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Why do you have both infantry and galleys?
                I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Why not?
                  No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I have to admit that I took that screenshot a while ago. New Hangchow was indeed overthrowed by the English, but I conquered them, so New Hangchow is mine again.

I guess Firaxis wanted to show the idea of "territorial waters" and that's why OceanSquares can't be owned, I think.

About the Galley: when I discover MapMaking I build a Galley and are gonna explore with it. After I've discovered Magnetism I can send that Galley to OceanSquares and I'm gonna explored the whole world then with that Galley. So when I'm having Infantry I still have a Galley if I have not explored the whole world yet.
                    Yours,

LionQ.

Comment

Ocean squares can't be owned in a normal civ3 generated map. On custom maps where the ocean is sometimes close to the shore (like on some world maps), if the ocean tile can be worked by a citizen, then it can be claimed. In this case, the tile wouldn't produce anything (with normal terrain values) and would just show as a red shield (just like when you try to work on a polluted tile). But if you have a harbor, it will then produce 1 food.

Comment

All right. I know enough. Thanx everyone. This thread is 'dead' now, I think, I hope.
                        Yours,

LionQ.

Comment

bump

I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

Comment

Working...
                          X