___'s History of the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ___'s History of the World

Hope this is an acceptable post, because this has been bothering.

In the beginning of the game, at seemingly random times, a window will pop up with the heading "Ptolemy's (or another name) History of the World" (I think). It will list 10 or so nations, with adjectives like Glorious down to Forgotten. So...

Is this based on score?
    When does it pop up?
    Why is it only in the beginning of the game?
    Why (like the foreign advisor) is there only space for a certain number of civs?
    I use Posturepedic mattresses for a lifetime of temporary relief.

It can be based on size, wealth, power and tech.
    It pops up every thousand years I think
    If you shift-right click on PC in the FA, another face will pop up. (On mac it is option-shift-click i believe.)
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

It seems to appear every 1500 years, or just a few turns after the beginning of a new age
      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Every 1000 years if you're in Ancient or Middle Ages, every 500 if in Industrial or Modern. There's Wealthiest (based on raw cash; income doesn't affect it), Most Advanced (based on advances), Largest (territory), Happiest (reflection of approval rating), and Most Powerful (reflection of power-graph).

As for the foreign advisor: If you don't have PTW, right-click on one of the faces. A menu appears with a bunch of other civs on it, pick the one you want to check. If you have PTW, just use the "More Civs" button.
        oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
          If you have PTW, just use the "More Civs" button.
          Oh cool, I didn't realize they added that option. I usually only play with 8 civs. Thats' about all my processor can handle with a 256x256 map. I don't even want to think about a 362x362 map, which is what I'd like to be playing. I'd probably be waiting a week between turns.

Comment

Found some stuff on it, its under text in Great Books.

"This Popup should appear once every thousand years in the Ancient and Middle Ages then every 500 years thereafter."

Thanks for the other info. as well

Comment

i want them to pop up more! They tell useful infomation, and when its not useful, its interesting!
              Help negate the vegiterian movement!
              For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

then hack the .exe file and change it then

Comment

its hard coded

Comment

Originally posted by bobbo008
                    Found some stuff on it, its under text in Great Books.

"This Popup should appear once every thousand years in the Ancient and Middle Ages then every 500 years thereafter."

Thanks for the other info. as well
                    After the ancient era I almost never get this, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen this popup after the middle ages.

Comment

I don't think it pops up as late as 1500...

Comment

Working...
                      X