Checking version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking version?

I just bought Civ3 and I don't know how to check which version I have. How can I tell whether I need the ltest patch or not?
    If music be the food of love then get that man a double cheese burger!

Yes, you need a pathc.

In the opening screen (where you have all those choises "start new game" "quickstart game" "tutorial" "load game" "load scenario"... ect...), look at the bottom left of your screen. In there, you can see your current version (could be something like v1.02f...)

You can get the latest patch from the game website (www.civ3.com) and from here: http://apolyton.net/civ3/downloads.html
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Thanks mate.

As far as normal single player play goes if I'm not bothered about having more Civs and I have the latest patch. Is there any point in getting play the world?
      If music be the food of love then get that man a double cheese burger!

Comment

You will get airfields, radar towers and outposts.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Oh, and if you bother about playing scenarios PlayTheWorld is a lot better then the original game, even patched to 1.29f. But still PtW is not good enough to make advancce scenarios with diplonmacy. And many things that can be done for PTW can also be done for original Civ3, but at a higher amount of work. But the risk is that scenarios will mostly be made for PTW, and no versions for original Civ3 will get out, so if you are interested in downloading online contet you should get PTW.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
          X