PTW. The Equivalent Of TOT, or CTP ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW. The Equivalent Of TOT, or CTP ?

Do you expect the gaming community will get a true sequel to Civ II MPG ?
    Play The World isn't it.

Any thoughts?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

The sequel will be Civ4. I think that they learned their lesson and will include MP from the get-go.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Re: PTW. The Equivalent Of TOT, or CTP ?

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      Do you expect the gaming community will get a true sequel to Civ II MPG ?
      Play The World isn't it.

Any thoughts?
      They haven't finished patching it yet, there's another one on the way. Maybe you should give it a bit more time before passing judgement. The next one might just fix it.

Myself I could care less, I can't see ever playing online. I'd probably have a hard time finding someone who wants to play for several days straight. Besides, I like playing my mod better.

Comment

I think, with a few more patches, and some time for the MOD community to stabilize and mature, PTW can be a good heir to the Civ2 legacy.

I'm kind of worried about the future of TBS games, though.
        Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Originally posted by FNBrown
          I think, with a few more patches, and some time for the MOD community to stabilize and mature, PTW can be a good heir to the Civ2 legacy.

I'm kind of worried about the future of TBS games, though.
          I agree, at least with the first part. Everytime there's a new patch/XP I get more option/ideas for things I can do to my mod. We're starting to get a lot of flexibilty with the editor capabilities the way they are. There could be more, there always could be more, but as time goes by I think we'll start see something interesting things from the game.

Comment

I think PTW will be it. It isn't yet, though.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I'm still hoping PTW gets fixed and will be the true sequel of Civ II MP. It is so far a disappointment, what concerns the multiplayer part. The SP part is awesome, it's great fun indeed, I give it 9 out of 10 in its current state, but MP ... . Even with the current, 1.14 patch it's far from being ready. Still matchmaking is hard, and there are lots of connection problems and a couple of nasty bugs reduce the fun even for PBEM games.

As for "learning lesson"... I doubt. Civ2 was released as pure SP game first, with 2 lousy scenarios and no scenario editor. Same with Civ3. I have no hope that Civ4, if it ever will be released (I have doubts), will have MP from the start.

Comment

I see PTW as a game that must appeal to TOT or CTP, games I have no experience playing.
                It's just that from what I read, it was falling short of MPG people's expectations. Maybe I'm wrong.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Slowhand, have you tried PTW? While the MP isn't quite there yet, for many people it is quite playable and fun (unfortunately there are people who can't get it to work (those behind firewalls they don't control for example) and it can be laggy). I'm convinced that Firaxis will fix this for most people.
                  Seemingly Benign
                  Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    It's just that from what I read, it was falling short of MPG people's expectations. Maybe I'm wrong.
                    True, it is falling short of MPG peoples expectations, the way PTW is now, I agree with them.

But, it may never be their cup of tea, from what I've read, they want it to work the same as MPG, which it never will.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Then tell Firaxis what's needed! (not that I have a clue)

Gotta give them credit for ongoing improvement thus far...
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                      X