Merging Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merging Units

The units that are stacked should have an option to combine; at most there should be 4 which combine together to make a new unit. The most powerful unit would be displayed, but the other units 'gif' pictures would be held below that powerful unit.

The new powerful unit would have all of the advantages/disadvantages of the merged units with this formula

Attack: (1+1+1+1)Divided by the # of Units (4) = 1.

Morale: (100+25+66+77) Divided by the # of Units and then the average morale.

etc.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

How about youngson's idea of an Organisation workshop, where you organize several units up to a million units, choosing what to arm them with and who to group them with.

Comment

There is not going to be a unit workshop in Civ III so this is a better idea since the units are but merging.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

DarkCloud,

I am still not sure exactly what this merging of units would accomplish.

Let's say you have four units on top of each other. Attack 4,4,3,1. Defense 1,1,4,5.

Now they combine to be a 3 attack and a 2.75 defense. All you have acomplished with this stack is diluting the attack of your highest attackers and diluting your greates defense units. To me it would appear that by merging you know only have one 3 attack against a city instead of two fours and a three attack. It just doesn't make sense to me.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
        X