No announcement yet.

Future Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about economic developments through tech?

Economic rationalism?

What about tech improvements to government? Or do we all think that democracy is the pinnacle of civilized government?

------------------
    Take care of yourselves... and each other.
    Take care of yourselves... and each other.

Comment

That's an interesting point! In fact, I think it's really good - perhaps when you first go into democracy, it won't be the no-corruption / anti-army thing that civ2's democracy is. Instead, it'll only be a slightly improved form of the republic (ie less corruption). Then over time or through research (as suggesiton above), your democratic government improves...

------------------
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
      No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

Yeah... I think that the "future" list preety much covers all that comes to mind, other then warp drive, but that's that...

As for a "past" list, I have only bits and pieces, but I think I can pull something together...
        *grumbles about work*

Comment

I'll start a new thread for all techs Shadowstrike adn call it
          Tech List v. 0.1

Thus we can have the entire tech tree instead of future techs.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Fluid Breathing: (already in CTP2) allows subs to go almost as deep as they wish.

Ultrapressure Machinery (also in CTP games) allows for hyperdense materials capable of travelling to unlimited depths. Even fluid breathing can't just magically stop the hull itself being crushed.

Eugenics (advanced Genetic engineering) would allow for alteration of the Human Genome. Not sure about practical uses, besides allowing the Genome project wonder and maybe some kind of supersoldier fella'.

Comment

Working...
            X