Civ3 for Mac OS X/Unix flavors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ3 for Mac OS X/Unix flavors?

This may be old new to ya'll, and if so please point me to the thread. Are there any plans to write a Unix/Linux/Mac OS X version. I would think that such a version would be easier to write than a pure "Classic" Mac game and might have a larger audience (assuming Mac users jump on the OS X band wagon).

edit: So after a quick search for Linux, I found several threads, but no clear answer.
    ------------------
    Be what you is and not what you is not. Folks who do that are the happiest lot!
    - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,
    [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited December 15, 2000).]
    "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow! It'll soon be here!" - Fleetwood Mac

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

What, no comments at all? It occurs to me that perhaps if the Mac-Civ community were a bit more vocal in saying "We're here and we have MONEY!!" , the odds of a Mac version would increase.

Mac affectionados: Please post your desire for a Mac version, either Classic or OS X!! Give MacSoft something to do!

------------------
    - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,

Have you checked out the MacAddict Forums? I'm "Father of the Bar Mitzvah" if you visit!

Comment

Bump, in case Jeffery Morris come to visit.

"What do you want in your stocking little boy?"
      [i]Civ3 for Mac OS X AND Classic Mac OS!
      "Hmmm. You want peace in Israel too I'll beat!"

------------------
      - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,

Comment

We, the Mac community of Civ2 players, we demand we implore we plaid we require we request and we sollicit CIV 3 for MacOs.

Nevertheless, thanks a lot.

PS. We have money too!
        Mike.doc

Comment

Anybody that has a MAC knows you have to have disposable $$.

It will only be necessary to make 1 MAC copy.For me of course
          The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

You guys ever consider buying a real computer?
            Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
            and kill them!

Comment

My kingdom for a Mac WITH Civ3 !
              (William Civspeare)
              Mike.doc

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mike.doc on 12-19-2000 04:27 AM
                My kingdom for a Mac WITH Civ3 !
                (William Civspeare)

LOL!

Markusf's right, we all need to buy G4 Macs with dual processors loaded with the finished OS X and Civ3!!!
                (I'm sure Apple will sell all future Macs with copies of Civ3!! )
                [This message has been edited by MacUser (edited December 19, 2000).]

Comment

I have a G4 with dual processor!
                  I demand Civ3 FOR MacOS (classic is better since you can launch classic apps from MacOS X)!
                  I also have two normal G4s, 3 G3s some older PowerMacs (9500, 86000,..), an iMac and various others including an SE/30 (from 1988/89).
                  Beat that!!
                  </boastmode>

Ata

Comment

Isn't there a windows emulator for mac you can use to run windows applications?
                    Join the army, travel to foreign countries, meet exotic people -
                    and kill them!

Comment

I suggest we pool to buy MacSoft (especially after Atahualpa sells his computers) then MacUser make Civ3 for us then Markusf unload(?) a Mac emulator very very slow to all the PC's owners and then we are rich.

To resume: we demand Civ 3 for the Mac
                      Mike.doc

Comment

Atahualpa - you are officially the Alpha Mac user!

Mike.doc - I think that'd we'd have to sell all of Atahualpa's Macs AND HIS SOUL to buy off Hasbro/Infogames/MacSoft ! But yeah, you guys do the buying, make me god-incharge, and I'll promise to order the Mac port while cooling my heels in Hawaii!

------------------
                        - Mr. Wizard the Lizard,

Comment

No need for a MacOS version. Just let Loki or some such crank out a Linux version with binaries for both PPC and ix86 systems on a single CD. Then you can use the same disk on all your computers, as long as they run some flavour of Linux. I want to play with my iBook too, and without having to buy two copies of the game damnit!

edit: I think I'm turning dyslexic...
                          [This message has been edited by Kumiorava (edited December 27, 2000).]

Comment

I want Civ III for mac to!
                            No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
                            X