SMAC-Civ 3 connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree.

Incidentally, how can Dino connect with Civ3?

And anyway, if we are going to have a sweep of time series, wouldn't it be funny for civilization 3 and smac 2 to be a part of it?

------------------
    -Shiva
    Email: shiva@shivamail.com
    Web: http://www.shivamail.com

Comment

?

Comment

I think you all are over thinking this too much.

When the "Sweep of Time" thing was first announced they said it was more of a marketing thing than a playable thing.

So, it is a sweep of time in terms of how they market the series: "Firaxis covers Earth's history". It doesn't mean that you will be able to play through the series uninterupted and in only TBS or RTS or without gaps in time. It is just something for Gamecenter or Gamespot to publish.

In conclusion, this whole thing to me is a marketing gimmick.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Jer8m8 on 12-31-2000 10:29 AM
          1.It doesn't seem like we're going to AC in 50 years 2.This will allow you time to build "Space cities" in civilization (and have futuristic techs)

It's interesting ! There will happen things between now and the moment when men will keep all the conditions to go to AC. What things ? Space cities for sure ! Moon civs... hummm... I don't beleave so. Even Mars or Neptune civs are not problable, but, maybe, some Neptune or Jupiter or Sapturne moons will offer conditions to that. The question is: Should Civ3 especulate about that ? I'm not sure. I like SF and I'm curious about how the history could go ahead BEFORE AC. But does this really matter ? What kind of differences could be introduced between AC exploration like in SMAC and, for instance, Europa (One of the Saturn moons) exploration in Civ 3 ? ITOH isn't USA now under pression to not go ahead with its stars war project wich has obvious military aproach ? If they go ahead what will be EC answer ? Or chinese answer ? If real life is goin on in this direction why not Civ3 ? As a historically commited game Civ 3 shouldn't go beyond the past and present and try to forecat the future ?

Comment

I've read everything about Civ3 since the beginning, I don't remember anyone from Firaxis saying its a marketing scheme. I remember people debating about it, but that's it, so where do you get your info from tniem?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by ContradictioN on 01-03-2001 06:05 PM
              I've read everything about Civ3 since the beginning, I don't remember anyone from Firaxis saying its a marketing scheme. I remember people debating about it, but that's it, so where do you get your info from tniem?

I thought I remember some mention of it in some press release of Firaxis'. But I really don't remember. It may just be me believing that that is the most probable answer to the whole thing, because I still have a hard time understanding how the whole thing will be connected and that you will be able to play straight through.
              About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
              X