Mass media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Student Protests- cities with universities can have student protests that make the whole city aware of the problem and possibly riot

Yea! I had the same idea. It is usually a student demonstration that awakens content people's consciouness.

Napoleon many interesting ideas especially this:

quote:

. The amount of control you have over your media will vary depending upon the type of government you have, for example fundamentalism has full control over the church, while democracy has none (separation of church and state). Also democracy has little control over the educational system (say 30%) while communism has 80% control over it. This would ensure the fact that switching governments is a difficult and long task and that it is practically impossible to switch out of a democracy

Could you to tell us how these ideas can be implemented into the game incorporation with "Mass Media" idea?

Comment

Well, under the system that I proposed the mass media would only be a part of the global system that measures your people's interests.

Particularly for mass media though, here are some thoughts. Printed material would be taken care of by the library, university and later perhaps the internet improvement. Meanwhile after a civilization discovers certain technologies, say for example radio they can build the radio station and tv station improvements. These would act in much the same way that libraries do but the government could have even less control over them (the modern press is notoriously independent).

------------------
      Napoleon I
      Napoleon I

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by general_charles on 05-08-2000 05:42 AM
        I do agree that mass media is an important part of life today, without mass media, the war in Vietnam would not have been so unpopular and the bombing of Yugoslavia in 1999 would probably have turned into an invasion of the country

I recently did a paper on Vietnam, and would just like to say that studies today now generally say that the media was pro war until the people of the U.S. told the media that it was wrong. The news reported it in a pro-American win everywhere way until polls showed that over half the country was against the war. It was then that the media went against the wars and showed major protests and made the administration eventually pull out. So media is effected by the population at large.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Time to bring back the discussion of the media.

Personally I believe it should be in the game with media altering Public Opinion which forces you to act in certain ways. If you don't you could have a Civil War on your hands.
          About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
          X