Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How the hell do you get island citys?!?!??!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell do you get island citys?!?!??!

How do you get them, i cant land any where!

Until you get marines or beserkers (real name) you can't take them.

Make peace or the war weariness may get to you.

Comment

Demand it as part of a peace treaty.

Comment

Initiate Propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawa Jocky
          Demand it as part of a peace treaty.
          That's a useful strat with all sorts of far flung cities, it's easier than sending transports all over the globe. Just demand them in peace, secure them, then go to war again.

Comment

Originally posted by Carver
            Until you get marines or beserkers (real name) you can't take them.

Make peace or the war weariness may get to you.
            Couldn't you set bombard to kill and capture them that way?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Patience...

Either

1. wait for workers/units to move in next turn, or

2. wait for nukes and elim annoying workers/units, or

3. build marines, or

4. live with it and focus on other areas, like bribing another civ to attack the island city.

== PF

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Couldn't you set bombard to kill and capture them that way?
                But even if the city is empty you won't be able to capture it. No other units are allowed to go from the sea into an enemy city.

Comment

Carver,

True for one tile cities. Mazzz didn't say how many tiles these cities had. I was thinking 2..4 tiles.

If they are 1 tile cities, who cares. There are hundreds of other tiles to use to win the game. A 1 tile city will never have enough of anything to do more than take up colors on a world map.

== PF

Comment

but they have ONE CITY left, thats on a one sqaure island! right now im 2 turns away from radio, and looking at some of the stuff you get from adance flight which is close to radio, i need aul-num-al-nim and oil, ive got LOTS of oil im persia, i have iran, part of pakistan and afganistan all of arabia and israel and half of the meditration sea including the suez canal, i have turek , greace and cypurs and a chunk of russia but and im at war with every one on and off some times everyone at once and im WAY AHEAD at the tech tree, i wan ICBM while that let me nuke evey other city one that map? do they alway work, i mean every else doesnt even have gun powder yet, every one is "furooius and in awe of me, i have every wonder so far now ones manged to build one, and they all hate me how can i fix that, and what the number next to the peace try after you sign it and you goto active there a nmumber every turn it goes down one, iv'e never got to 1 before im always at war! help!!!!!!! and i have 10000000 units in every city, i lose 1023 gold per turn so im there must powerful, develep,culural, and POOREST nation. You guys have any tips? please give me some help... sorry for the longness

Comment

Maybe you should build some money-making improvements? Like banks, marketplaces and courthouses. All those units cost money, spend some units on conquest. Remember that you don't need a large garrison in all cities, only in those who need it. Usually I have only 1 unit in most of my cities, cities of special importance(capitol, cities with wonders) have more. Border cities also have a stronger garrison than the rest. The rest of my army are divided between the front line and a reserve in case of invasions.
                      Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Originally posted by mazzz
                        but they have ONE CITY left, thats on a one sqaure island! right now im 2 turns away from radio, and looking at some of the stuff you get from adance flight which is close to radio, i need aul-num-al-nim and oil, ive got LOTS of oil im persia, i have iran, part of pakistan and afganistan all of arabia and israel and half of the meditration sea including the suez canal, i have turek , greace and cypurs and a chunk of russia but and im at war with every one on and off some times everyone at once and im WAY AHEAD at the tech tree, i wan ICBM while that let me nuke evey other city one that map? do they alway work, i mean every else doesnt even have gun powder yet, every one is "furooius and in awe of me, i have every wonder so far now ones manged to build one, and they all hate me how can i fix that, and what the number next to the peace try after you sign it and you goto active there a nmumber every turn it goes down one, iv'e never got to 1 before im always at war! help!!!!!!! and i have 10000000 units in every city, i lose 1023 gold per turn so im there must powerful, develep,culural, and POOREST nation. You guys have any tips? please give me some help... sorry for the longness
                        Start the new game on diety level. I can assure you wouldn't have such problems anymore

Comment

I presume that by meditration sea you mean the mediterranean sea?

If you are on radio andno-one else has gunpowder then I suggest that you start again but this time don't set the difficulty to the easiest level...
                          Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

Hmm I guess to nuke or not to nuke isn't an option then
                            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Just roll over them, he has too many units and a large tech-lead. How difficult can it be?
                              Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Working...
                              X