Recomend me a mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomend me a mod

I play with a slightly amended mod, basicaly to give the english a chance by making them scientific instaed of expansionist.

I also give corruption reducing attributes to a few other buildings.

I would like to try a new comprehensive mod and was hopping someone could reccomend one together with breif reasons.
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Try the Apolyton university (AU) mod (in the strategy forums)

AU1.06 for CivilizationIII
    AU1.12 for Play The World (modified from AU1.06)

They are great, the mod changes various things in the game. Actually it is currently the only mod I'm playing with...

Oh, I do sometimes play with the Marla's gigantic world map. But those games tend to be very long...
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Thanks I will, my computer melts if I try and paly anything larger tahn standrad size maps so Unfortunately I can't play large or Huge maps.

One day I will buy a 3Ghz 512Mb Ram computer and then I will have some fun
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.

Comment

Just to inform you... 512Mb isn't enough at that time. It is barely sufficient for me...
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
          Just to inform you... 512Mb isn't enough at that time. It is barely sufficient for me...
          right well I'll just have to save up and get one with 1Gb of ram

Comment

Yup, the AU mod is definitely worth it. Don't let the somewhat long readme fool you, one of the philosophies of the mod is to change as little as possible for the Civ3 flavor, and it keeps true to its promise. What changes you do notice I'll think you'll enjoy. Enjoy!

Dominae
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Confused, I am

Why isn't AU in the files directory of mods?
              Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Comment

Don't think it was ever posted in the Creation forum, its just been a work of people on the Strategy forum, and I don't think they consider it finished yet anyway.
                "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Finished??

The AU mod will never be a finished product. I believe it will continuously be modified as long as people play Civ III.
                  badams

Comment

Try Patch Suggestion MOD.

It was so good that there are at least 3-4 other MODS (especily AU MOD), which were based on it.

Comment

I'm almost tempted to directly answer the question and say "Ming"...

What the heck - "Ming"

*Boom Boom*
                      (+1)

Comment

Just word of warning.
                        PS MOD was meant as an CONSERVATIVE MOD, which means not too much different from base Civ3 (just balance tweaks).

So for best fun, use it, and add/remove several tweaks of your own, if not satisfied (AU MOD is MODified version of PS MOD anyway).

Comment

Try Patch Suggestion MOD.
                          Roger, Wilco! Thanks P1.
                          Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Comment

I reommend Ming, although MtG would do in a pinch

Jon Miller
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I like the PS MOD. I took it and some of the good ideas from PTW's BTM mod and tossed in a few others for my own mod (which is still a conservative mod - it still feels like civ3).
                              Seemingly Benign
                              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                              X