Some ideas from a new user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some ideas from a new user

Hi, I´m new here in this forum and I can´t write good english but, I love civ2 and I am happy to see that Civ3 will be for real.

I have some crazy ideas for the new game

1. I think that new-occupied cities should be independed or return to the old civ. if you don´t have enough of armies in the city and if the population will have it worse than before they were occupied, for example:
    If a Fundamentalism-civ occupies a Democratic-civ-city and just have one unit in the city, will the people revolt and be an independed state or join the old civ.

2. It would be fun to be able to have ´Satelite´/´Slave´-states, for example USSR had all control over Poland, East-Germay, Cuba etc. China have all control of North-Korea etc.

3. Civilwar, if some cities have it much worse than other cities than it should be civilwar.

I know that some of the ideas are strange, but I had to write it down.

quote:

Originally posted by Koffe tyrann on 12-25-2000 01:04 PM
    Hi, I´m new here in this forum and I can´t write good english but, I love civ2 and I am happy to see that Civ3 will be for real.

1. I think that new-occupied cities should be independed or return to the old civ. if you don´t have enough of armies in the city and if the population will have it worse than before they were occupied, for example:
    If a Fundamentalism-civ occupies a Democratic-civ-city and just have one unit in the city, will the people revolt and be an independed state or join the old civ.
    2. It would be fun to be able to have ´Satelite´/´Slave´-states, for example USSR had all control over Poland, East-Germay, Cuba etc. China have all control of North-Korea etc.
    3. Civilwar, if some cities have it much worse than other cities than it should be civilwar.

those ideas aren't really crazy, but don't mind if this thread doesn't get many replies. similar things have already been discussed.
    i want to encourage you to read the "related threads"-thread and to contribute your own 0,02$ to it.

hello btw
    where in sweden is rydsnäs?

Comment

You might also want to check out the List to see what has been suggested. The link for versions I and II are on the Apolyton Civ3 frontpage. Be prepared to spend the rest of your holidays reading it, though.

Comment

Thank you.

quote:

where in sweden is rydsnäs?

Rydsnäs is a small village between Malmö and Stockholm in the southern of Östergötland.
        [This message has been edited by Koffe tyrann (edited December 26, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Koffe tyrann on 12-25-2000 01:04 PM
          Hi, I´m new here in this forum and I can´t write good english...

Your english is far better than my swedish.

[This message has been edited by FALVES (edited December 26, 2000).]

Comment

How would the Satellite slave states be implemented?

This has been discussed, but so far no good system has been found.
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

These satellite slave states are just plain diplomacy.
              The way is can be handeled is by having the option to tell other Civs what to do, and threating them (this is what acually the USSR been doing).

------------------
              Proud member of the state of Israel.
              "There's room at the top they are telling you still, but first you must learn how to smile as you kill, if you want to be like the folks on the hill" - John Lennon

"Life is wasted on the living."
              -Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
              X