Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carver

Which reminds me of something I realized the other day:

Because a hut will only give you a settler if you have less than the average number of cities AND you don't have a settler in production: keep your cities producing something else for as long as possible, then swith at the last moment to a settler. Hopefully you'll get a free one in the meantime.
    Or, if you don't mind the micromanagement, change the production of any city producing a settler as soon as you find a goody hut, step into the hut, then change the production back to settler.

Comment

Off topic: who (and how) figured out the rules for getting a settler from a goody hut?

On topic: one thing I noticed: the maps you get never seem to reveal another civ. So one piece of information is the LACK of that information. If you are looking for quick contact, the map steers you away from a region.
      Got my new computer!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by orange
        they ought to have an adviser tell you if you're proposing a deal that benefits you (or at least, is wise...)

IE you propose to trade maps with a guy who has nothing and you have everything, the adviser says "Are you out of your bloody mind??"
        That's why I ask them how much gold for their map. If they're happy with 1 gold, you have the info already and it's not worth a trade. I rarely (unless I'm being lazy) ask to trade world maps then accept what is suggested.
        badams

Comment

Working...
        X